Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My goal right now is to get my car a base premium to run 14's. i was wondering if someone would be able to tell me what would be the fastest way of reaching it.

naturally aspirated....... no sc or turbo's, that is what i'm buying once i can reach 14's without boost of any sort!
any good intake exhaust combos? what about headers? or tires? i just need to know what i should start purchasing first.. thanks..

G

·
you said you arent going forced induction until after you reach 14's NA. ur wasting your time, half this shit you will spend alot of money on will be useless when u go FI...ur headers, intake, if you raise the hell out of your compression, etc..... and it will take u double the money. why dont u just pick one way and try and stick with it, and since u have the base, id go with FI, just because its going to take you alot of NA shit and money to get 14s in a base

·
Registered
159 Posts
I know you said no FI, but the base is better for a turbo because of it's lower CR. 5-6 psi should easily get you into 14's and it'll still be pretty reliable.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The Type S can run high 14 (stock w/ a good driver or w/ a few bolt ons). Why did you buy a base RSX?

- rant on -
I never understood why people buy lower models, spend thousands more in performance parts just to get to the same level of a higher model that they would have spent much less buying in the first place.

can someone explain this to me?
- rant off -

You don't have an auto do you?

G

·
The AWD RSX Killer said:

For once I agree with you.
Aww c'mon, just once??:D

if u wanted a fast car u shouldn't have gotten the RSX....could've spent the same amoun of money and got like a hatchback and get like a b16 motor...then u'll be running type S and ITR's all day
Or just get a Mustang GT. Run low 14s easily, stock.:thumbsup:

·
8th and final RSX summer!
1,016 Posts
XcepTion said:
The Type S can run high 14 (stock w/ a good driver or w/ a few bolt ons). Why did you buy a base RSX?

- rant on -
I never understood why people buy lower models, spend thousands more in performance parts just to get to the same level of a higher model that they would have spent much less buying in the first place.

can someone explain this to me?
- rant off -

You don't have an auto do you?

some people would rather buy the lower model and spend the saved money on mods... for some, it can be more fun ;)

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that and the type is 7 grand more here in canada, and i'm only 17 so insurance on a type s would be about 8 grand a year... prolly more...

haha and laugh all u want, just wait till a base blows by ur type s then i'll be laughin....

as for the FI, i've decided to do this but what would be better turbo or sc when they come out for my base i have a 5spd!

also i'm goin to buy an exhuast and headers soon so what would be the best one to get if planning on gettin FI...

PS. ur flamming only incourages me more

·
Registered
270 Posts
us kids jes love playing with our cars...for me and friends at least we usually like trying stuff on cars and saving money like making the intake or messing with camber so we wouldn't have to buy a new one...u know what i'm sayin...jes a good way of passing time and getting to know yer car...

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
D Fabulous said:
haha and laugh all u want, just wait till a base blows by ur type s then i'll be laughin....
No flames, just facts:
the Type S has superior gear ratios, so even with the best bolt-ons you are at a disadvantage and will not be "blowing by" it. And if you go turbo, how much do you think that will cost? You already expressed concern about how much more expensive the S is.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.