Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone could verify for me that the '01+ Honda Civic fog lights are still the same fog light kit placed in '04 RSX's.

There are several auctions for OEM style fog lights for less than $70 on eBay.

Has anyone used these as replacements?

·
Registered
501 Posts
yes the 2001 + civic fog lights are a direct replacement for the oem fogs...and they r more durable...

·
The Spaniard
847 Posts
Can anyone else confirm this?? I started looking at the ones on ebay and although they look similar its seems as thought the Civic fog is a bit different??

Also on the durability being better than stock RSX ??

Apolo V :confused:

·
The Spaniard
847 Posts
firedc5 said:
how do they look, anyone have pics?
These are the only pics I can find of the RSX Replicas and 01 Civic Replicas

Civic

RSX

They look really close except the RSX Fog seems to be recessed a little more... Not sure if this would make any differece?

Any insight into all this and their (Civic) durability?

Apolo V

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I guess I made the assumption that the light could be removed from the plastic mounting assembly - at least that's what I intended on doing.

I'm really only interested in the lights themselves.

Honda wants as much as Acura does for an OEM kit or single replacement.

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
the mounts of the actual fogs are the same. They're also the same for the older accords and the new CRV. Just unscrew them from the housing and screw them into the RSX's and they fit. The honda ones are plastic and thus won't shatter like ours.

·
The Spaniard
847 Posts
So thats for the actual light... But that means I can't go buying the civic fogs and housings and use them on our RSXs right?

Apolo V

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ApoloV said:
So thats for the actual light... But that means I can't go buying the civic fogs and housings and use them on our RSXs right?

Apolo V
Yeah - the housing is different - at least from what I can tell from the pictures. :)

I bought a pair this morning. Hopefully the lights are identical (to each other), and it's just the housing that makes them right / left, as I'd hate to spend the dough on another set if I lose another passenger side fog.

I'll post my experience as soon as I have a chance to put them in...

Oh yeah - I'm impatient so I didn't wait for the auction with the smaller shipping charge to end. $92.90 said and done...

·
The Spaniard
847 Posts
haha.. thats cool.. yea definately post up your thoughts about it.. I'd love to finally get fogs for my car and IF the civic ones would fit w/o hassle thatd be dirt cheap.. other wise I can get the RSX replica housings and switch them out to the civic fogs for durability..

Awaiting the fun review...

Apolo V.

·
zoom..........zoom...zoom
5,050 Posts
man i hate how our oem fogs have the black plastic cover that goes over the color keyed support.

·
The Spaniard
847 Posts
firedc5

thats why when i get them i'll be getting them color matched to my car :)
As long as they are better than the stock ones

Apolo V

1 - 13 of 13 Posts