Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NightSh1ft
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am a honda junkie, I had an 02 RSX-S, my parents both have driven accords since before I was born, and I currently have an 06 Accord V6 6MT Sedan (yes I know, sedan...blah blah...but it was fun)...

Car has great pickup, great handling (as far as accords go...but not even close to rsx-s even in stock form)...but here are my beefs with this car after having it for 1.5 years:

Mileage: Blows, I drive a combined city/highway and seem to be unable to get anything better than 21 MPG, I have been using full synthetic for the past 10000 miles, and still, nothing better than 21. If I go all highway I'll do fine around 27/28 mpg, but realistically, if I drive combined city/highway, I get around 20.5, lately 19.5.

Two weeks ago: had to have my rack and pinion replaced, strange really loud squeaking noises and no solution after a few weeks, so they replaced it.

Strange shuddering from the car at times when starting from 1st gear etc, no solution either, and I have only ever driven stick, so its very strange.

Tires: Yes, as RSX owners we all know the pain of the stock michelins, and this accord comes with them as well, and I made the mistake of not swapping them, they are 215/50/17 and Ive gotten 2 bulges in the tires. Ridiculous for a tire of this ratio, not low profile by any stretch, and I'm not exactly running through potholes all day or anything.

As far as service goes, Ive gotten decent honda service, except I have noticed that my windshield wiper fluid has been often times watered down...strange to have the wiper fluid freeze on your windshield.....

As far as audio goes, its not too bad, except that the trim pieces made from fake CF start to chatter and the plastic piece where your driver window controls vibrates as well..clack clack clack when you turn the volume up a little...

Overall, rsx-s was 100x better as far as my experience has gone and thats why I miss it...not to mention the hatch made the rsx much more practical for hauling things around of non-normal sizes.

Just figured I would vent...have been quite annoyed with my car as of late and its 1.5 years old.

·
Resident Physician
1,097 Posts
A friend of mine has one as well. It's not a bad car for the money, but he does have some of the same problems you have. From my driving experience, power is nice, but a fun factor is significantly lacking compared to RSX. Not a bad car for DD.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have a 06 M/T Accord Sedan as well.

Between my wife and I, we average 26-27 mpg with a healthy mix of city and highway. Remember that the accord V6 runs on 87 octane. Yes the handling is more "relaxed", but in stock form, it will rip an RSX-S a new ass in the 1/4. More comfortable seats that are heated, and a quiet cabin.

I like mine. If Hondata made a #4 for this thing, it would be perfect.

·
NightSh1ft
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh I'm very aware of the 1/4 mile beauty of it...it is quicker stock in that regard...I also know it runs on 87...ive been feeding her 93 since birth bc I read that there's a bit more push to be had on this engine with premium gas....

That being said, I had 0 issues with my rsx except for a strange rattle once which I fixed in a day...

It is a nice car, ive just had a bad experience with mine...have been in every generation accord since 1985 (birth....carted around in Honda glory ever since I left the hospital)...
just seems this one hasn't done so well....happens I guess

Ive got a new car in the near horizon however so soon I guess this will no longer be an issue...(*dreams*)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.