Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of people on here have the Ings body kit but most have chose to go with the replica kit do to the price that is and i was wondering does anyone actaully have the real Ings kit made out of hybrid fiberglass. If i wasnt for the horrible fitment problems i have heard about i would prolly go with the replica but i have heard about bad fitment problems espically on the rear and even through much body work at the shop it doesnt always look flush. Im not worried about price but i just want to know if anyone who has the the real kit has had any really bad fitment problems as with the replica.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i understand that but i meant like i have heard with the replica that the rear bumper being off by 2 and 3 inches. I dont mind having to have a little modification to make it fit but nothing like what i have heard with the replicas. Thanks for your feedback though

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
yeahi said:
key word here is fitment and the key saying is "You get what you pay for"
i paid around 1200 for a shop to paint and install my BC2 kit...well..first time paint was a bit to dark and install was shitty on my rear bumper..had a huge gap..and when they shaved my rear A they left an oval indentation from the sanding..so yeah not always true..the second time i made them repaint it..this time it came out too bright..close to ABP instead of EBP..took it to another shop..they charged me 700 to refit the rear and repaint the whole kit and fix the rear shaved trunk...BLEH..oh and the first shop painted my kit ON MY CAR...and i had to clay bar all the overspray and tape residue..so yeah becareful..

i always belived in you get what you pay for...but that experience has ruined my perception so im sketchy on expensive things now...

oh and
Glo Auto :shooting:

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
yea thats just a dumb shop...My shop painted and prepped it then asked me to bring in my car when they were ready to put it on so that way i only didnt have my car for a day. My shop only took about 2 days to get it done, didnt come out all that bad considering the bumper was a pos.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya exactly i mean you really do get what you pay for and what kinda body shop you take the car to. I have just been really scared off by the Ings replica kits since i heard so many bad fitment issues and plus i mean why do i wanna pay 500-600 dollars for a kit thats gonna crack if you go over a bump wrong ya know i just think well if i have the money for the kit them why not go for it. Shibbism im sorry to hear about your problems with your kit and the shitty body work hope nothing else likt that happens to ya

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
NaughtyLilGirl69 said:
ya exactly i mean you really do get what you pay for and what kinda body shop you take the car to. I have just been really scared off by the Ings replica kits since i heard so many bad fitment issues and plus i mean why do i wanna pay 500-600 dollars for a kit thats gonna crack if you go over a bump wrong ya know i just think well if i have the money for the kit them why not go for it. Shibbism im sorry to hear about your problems with your kit and the shitty body work hope nothing else likt that happens to ya
thing is i looked at the shops work..they did a lot of custome jobs on muscle cars...custome paint jobs chamelons..glittery paint jobs..they looked fuckin awesome...my dad and i were looking at this one mustang and we were like how the fuck did they fuck my shit up??? because they really had some good work that i saw at the shop...soo weird..but i did get a refund on the paint job and a partial refund on the install...

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
it won't crack, but it will scrape which has happened to be, but that can be fixed easily by taking it back in when its messed up a lot and just having them bondo that shit up sand it and paint it. Will look like new since its just scrapes on the bottom.

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
NaughtyLilGirl69 said:
just noticed u got the same color car as me..good job :thumbsup: hit me up on aim if u need any advice or got any ?s :driving:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all your advice. Shibbism glad to here you got a refund on the paint atleast and some from the install. I hope my body shop wont fuck my shit up or I will be pissed lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts