Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much have you spent on your RSX or plan to spend? I'm seeing if what I plan to put into this car within the next year or two is not as much as other members, equal or a lot more.

If you could, break it down to the parts and how much each one costed you then add it all up for a total.

·
asdf
2,373 Posts
kpro-750
type r spoiler (got free, needed to get painted)-150
hondata img-55
honda center caps-145 (haha)
honda emblems-90
shiftboot-45
cai-150
short throw-50
springs-85
exhaust/rh-300
brake caliper paint-15
esmm-40

=1875ish...only had car for 3 months so far too and i just got fired from my job.

·
Registered
86 Posts
so far I've spent about $450 for a new clutch disc and pressire plate, $200 on a intake, $400 on alarm and install and about 1600 on my system and indash. All togeher I spent about $2600 on my car.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
K&N stock replacement filter $45 used
Spoon Springs $220 used
Spoon N1 exhaust $500 new
T1R B-pipe $450 new
fog light $45
parking sensor $40
Type-R rear sway $100 used
Alpine deck + base face plates, pocket, and harness $590 new
OEM camber bolts $35

all prices in CAD
2025CAD

damn... i can't believe i have already spent that much on the car...

·
Registered
456 Posts
i spent the following:

eibach prokit: $229.00 (not installed yet)
a-spec wing: $700.00 (includes installation from acura)
injen cai: $260

total: $1189

im not going to spend any more money on the car because I will be trading it in sometime in the near future. and I want to get another car so why spend money to make this car go fast when I trade it in for something FOR EXAMPLE

m3/sti/evo ?

i dunno i see it like u put average 5000$ for a turbo for a type-s you can save that money and trade in car and get a faster car with oem turbo out the box

dunno ...

·
Registered
18,800 Posts
I spent around $3,000....that seemed to be about right to get it the way I wanted it to look, quicker, and feeling better. I would have MAYBE put another $500 or so into if if I had kept it.

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
I set the cap at $10k, but realistically it might get to the point where I spend up to $15k (see sig for parts listing). We don't even have a race track in Hawaii anymore, so I may throw the supercharger plans out the window.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keith DC5 said:
I set the cap at $10k, but realistically it might get to the point where I spend up to $15k (see sig for parts listing). We don't even have a race track in Hawaii anymore, so I may throw the supercharger plans out the window.
wow that's a lot but it's a passion and we all know you gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i plan to drop about 6500 total because this car will last me through college or at least senior year of college then ill probably return this car to bone stock, sell everything aftermarket and keep it as my DD and buy my new weekend toy car

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
i think i've already spent 10g's. still got another 5g's on potential work.

G

·
If I ever looked at that number, then I'd probably jump off a cliff. And, I could put $10K more into it, easily. Frightening, but the sad thing is that I probably will...

·
DJMax
7,557 Posts
ill break down what i have right now and im telling you i dont need any performance parts because this is a year round beater for me. so i did what i wanted and that was exterior looks only.

jdm type s front/rear H
jdm type s emblem front/rear
jdm sidemarkers
jdm black H centercaps
ebay copycat foglights
philips bluevision H1

i dont remember the costs lol...oh yea if anything i MIGHT get the jdm valve cover and spark plug cover in the future

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.