Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a diy for replacing a clip in the rear bumper. My bumper sticks out on the left side and I think its because a clip broke. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking around for a DIY but couldnt find one. Do you know where to get he rear bumper clips at?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had this happen to mine too, but I found the problem.

It's because the bracket that's holding up your bumper is not screwed into your taillights. When you went to take off your taillights, you probably thought those screws were unneccessary, but they're actually what holds the brackets up. Without those, your bumper will start sagging, and that part on the side will stick out like you said.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do I need to do to fix that. I guess it was the guy before me that forgot to put those screws in. Do I need to take my taillights out to get to that bracket?

·
Michael Brown wannabe
2,983 Posts
one of the clips that holds the bumper must be broken, mine broke after a fender bender and the shop "fixed" it, when i went to take the bumper off to replace my taillight gaskets i had to unscrew a fucking rusted screw that was holding the bumper right at the seem, fuckers didnt even put back the screws that go under the tail light :firemad:

·
Michael Brown wannabe
2,983 Posts

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
I made a new piece that hold the front bumper in at a piece of picture wire and some duct tape. All you have to do it get it to where the factory clip catches it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts