Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Rear bumper side markers don't work

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  phoebegoesvroom 
#1 ·
Just replaced the bulbs, still doesn't work.

should it turn on with parking light? Or should it turn on along the turn signal together?

I tried both (parking light on and emergency, both rear bumper side markers don't turn on)

I checked both fuse boxes, don't see any blown fuse, and which fuse is exactly the one for rear side marker? Or shared with other circuit? Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ok, just did this as I got in from work.

The rear side markers come on with the parking lights and with the headlights. They don't come on with the hazards or turn signals.

Found out that my driver's side bulb is out, and also that it's cracked almost fully (I was able to peel back the red section from the part that's in the bumper almost all of the way to the end). Luckily, I picked up a spare set of front and rears when I bought my car last summer (I would suggest everyone do that, as they are scarily expensive new), so I'll replace it with a new assembly and new leds (might as replace all four if I'm going to do it).

Have you checked the base for the wiring that the bulb plugs into? If you can't find a problem with the fuses, that's probably the issue.

Good luck!

#8 ·
phoebegoesvroom, which pigtail did you buy on amazon? do you have the direct link??

for the passenger side, turns out rusted/broken pin in the bulb socket:

for the driver side, replacing with a working socket doesn't help, but probing with multimeter with some very thin wires show a close circuit, probably stuck debris or something inside the pigtail side of socket...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.