Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bańned
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would a job like this cost? The previous owner bondo'd the rear quarter panels and some guy hit my gf while she was parked so now it needs to get fixed :firemad: I just want to make sure I dont get ripped off after getting a quote or two. I may just end up taking it to Maaco to fix and paint lol

original pic followed by the same pic but with the bond/fiberglass shit circled.

5,021 Posts
that doesn't look too serious. a quarter panel replacement and repair can cost up to $3000. you are better off getting her panel sanded, rebondo, and repainted. it should be no more than $500, maybe less.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
13,714 Posts
You can get that fixed for about $150 around here. Quality job too. Just find a good shop.

and lol at $3,000 for quarter panel replacement. Are you serious?

5,021 Posts
yes, i am serious. i personally know because i got my left quarter panel replaced on my rsx from an accident that some asshole who did not stay in their own damn lane.

·
Bańned
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i heard they were really expensive to repair which is why i want to ask around here. i figure if the repair costs more than 1500 id rather just buy another ej1 and start building on that. the d16z6 in this ej1 is running flawlessly which is why i dont want to give it up, plus ive already put a good amount of time into fixing the car.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
that doesn't look too serious. a quarter panel replacement and repair can cost up to $3000. you are better off getting her panel sanded, rebondo, and repainted. it should be no more than $500, maybe less.
You can get that fixed for about $150 around here. Quality job too. Just find a good shop.

and lol at $3,000 for quarter panel replacement. Are you serious?
$150-$500 to fix or completly replace a quarter panel :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Please tell me where you got these quotes from and what world you live in. If someone is charging that much for that job he isn't going to last very long in his business. I don't mean any disrespect. If you can find someone that will do a quality job on that for under $500, jump on it.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
13,714 Posts

Please tell me where you got these quotes from and what world you live in. If someone is charging that much for that job he isn't going to last very long in his business. I don't mean any disrespect. If you can find someone that will do a quality job on that for under $500, jump on it.
> panel sanded, rebondo, and repainted.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

you fail at reading comprehension.
Now go play in the General section.
I was assuming you guys would think it would cost $500 to replace a quarter panel since you're quoting $150 to bondo one.

Na, I think I'll stay here since I've been working on cars since I was 12 and I currently work at a body shop. So I guess you're not going to answer my question then?

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
13,714 Posts
I was assuming you guys would think it would cost $500 to replace a quarter panel since you're quoting $150 to bondo one.

Na, I think I'll stay here since I've been working on cars since I was 12 and I currently work at a body shop. So I guess you're not going to answer my question then?
lol assuming.

answer what exactly?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
okay mr. mechanic know it all. tell our good friend imbest123 how much canadian monies he's going to have spend on fixing his gf car. go on.
I don't know it all, but I have at least some experience or knowledge in something before I talk about it. Otherwise it's called ignorance. So, Mr. Ignorance, judging by the few photos we have, Im thinking it will cost over $1000 easily. If he wants a quality job.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
13,714 Posts
I don't know it all, but I have at least some experience or knowledge in something before I talk about it. Otherwise it's called ignorance. So, Mr. Ignorance, judging by the few photos we have, Im thinking it will cost over $1000 easily. If he wants a quality job.
1k for sanding, bondo and paint?

:rotfl:

lol Canada.

5,021 Posts
stupid canadian. can't even make up your mind about staying here or leaving.

to TS, your new estimate by Berreta is about CAD $1000 or approximately US $947. if you happen to currently be in illinois and decide to go north to canada to get the car fixed, you could try being really friendly with the mechanic and bargain the price down with some cases of maple syrup and bacon. im sure it'll work but don't take my complete word for it since im ignorant about canada and their price rates.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts