Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is almost 10 yrs old post but I will reply recent price.
Its getting harder to find parts for these cars. Acura service don't carry many parts. Junkyard near my home had 3 RSX and recently send last one to crusher.
Body shops working with insurance companies asking lot of money. Recently I had accident, door and quarter had to change , body shop asked $1900
Door is about $50 and quarter panel is about $200 at junkyards. I found one for $180. But changing quarter panel not easy. Lots of trim holster need to remove, you need to remove replace rear window. IM not sure about front windshield. Original panel goes up to front shield but many junkyard sell panel cut short at the top. Many spot welding , good joint caulking. Also panel has to removed professionally from junk car otherwise you may need some repairs on it.
Basically $200part+$50paint+$50bondo,caulk,adhesive, etc + Labor. Some cheap and desperate repairman may do it for $500. (Inexperienced person may break lots of trim and stuff while removing them, happened to me). but big shops are asking prices like $1500

·
Been Around for a while
1,022 Posts
Rear Quarter panel? I believe the orig thread was about rear quarter panel, sounds like your estimate was for front quarter panel...good to know

21 - 22 of 22 Posts