Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i really really like the looks and performance of the RSX and ive found an 02 Type-s for 15K at a dealer nearby. Delema's being so so so so high of insurance rates and rear seat room. I do have a 2 month old daughter that i may have to tote around in her carseat with my fiance thats 5'3 in the pass front in fron of the car seat. Ive eyeballed the backseat and see that its very small but it may be doable. The thing is we also have a ford contour to use as our "family" car. I just really love this RSX but with rent being totally around $450 insurance being around $170 a month and a car payment of $330 it would make around $500 a month just to own this car plus $450 for rent and food and baby needs being around $150 all on a $1200 income is sqweezing it a lil, so idk. What do yall think i should do? look for somthing else or just go for it? btw my girl is currently looking to get a parttime job nights so i can watch the baby and we could get some extra income. Thanks to anyone who knows anything helpfull to me -Ryan

·
On a mission from God
5,647 Posts
Truthfully, it sounds like you'd be pushing it with that bro. The stuff you said would only leave you with like $100 left a month, that's no way to live IMO. I love my car but it's not worth screwing your finances for an RSX. Best of luck :)

·
Directeur Sportif
4,494 Posts
I'd say put away some money every month into a specialized account for the car. Then, when monetary issues aren't as tight, go for it.

·
CRSX Father of Two
4,874 Posts
To answer your question about a baby seat, yes they fit fine in the back. I've got an '02 Type-S and our seat fit fine. It does create slightly less front seat legroom when you have the car seat in the back.

But it sounds like your finances will really cramp your living. I never dreamed we would spend this much money on diapers and formula each month. Not to mention daycare...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the opinions guys i think its smart not to get it also. I dont know if i should save up so i can get one or if i should just get somthing else?? maybe an ep3 or somthing but there rare here because they only ship one model per year to various dealers around here unless you order a new one and the new 05's are on the lot for like 23K when there not even close to worth that??? any suggestions anyone? i want a 00 or newer ride i guess up to 15K thanks -Ryan

·
Registered
266 Posts
If I wanted performance and A lillte space try a 2000 Civic SI. Nice car B16 motor has enough room in back seat for youngins and a trunk for stroller and stuff. I had one before my RSX-S and loved it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i actually think im lucky to find a random website after months and months of searching and found a 00 civic si with 40K bone stock owned by a 60 year old man for only 10K!! i talked to him and looks like im making a 130mile trip next weekend ;) -ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.