Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I lowered my car in the rear only about half an inch, (D2 coilovers) now im exactly where I wanted to be, only problem is that now at times the exhaust piping bangs against the rear sway bar, and most of the time while at idle the pipe constantly vibrates against the sway bar, so annoying.
i have a 2.25 inch custom cat back, and my rear sway bar is a 24mm Progress.
i was thinking on taking my car to a muffler shop so they can try and clear the piping by raising it or moving it more to the side.
but my friend told me to save my money and just put something in between, im guessing cutting a piece of rubber hose in half and glue it to the top of the sway bar where it makes contact with the piping.
what do u guys suggest??

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
hey guys, I lowered my car in the rear only about half an inch, (D2 coilovers) now im exactly where I wanted to be, only problem is that now at times the exhaust piping bangs against the rear sway bar, and most of the time while at idle the pipe constantly vibrates against the sway bar, so annoying.
i have a 2.25 inch custom cat back, and my rear sway bar is a 24mm Progress.
i was thinking on taking my car to a muffler shop so they can try and clear the piping by raising it or moving it more to the side.
but my friend told me to save my money and just put something in between, im guessing cutting a piece of rubber hose in half and glue it to the top of the sway bar where it makes contact with the piping.
what do u guys suggest??
There's you problem...and your friend is a moron, cut off your friends hand and put that between the sway and the cat back, your car will smell like bacon instead of burning rubber ............progress bars are missing a bend, they are really tough to get things to clear....and a custom cat back....total unknown...

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mustclime thanks for the fast reply. so im guessing ima take it in to the muffler shop then. I really wanted to find a solution to fix it myself tho

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
My advise is loose the progress rear bar...It leaves no room for the tail pipe...if you order a 05-06 dc5 type-s rear bar and 2 bushings, you get a 21mm that has tons of room for your cat back.

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mustclime thanx man. but im just gonna take it in to the muffler shop and have them move the piping to the side. I might also buy stiffer exhaust hangers, any advise? I was looking at the cusco hangers but there around $20 each .... idk ill keep searching .

Also, mustclime u think getting stiffer motor mounts will help? like some Hassport or innovativeMounts? I have OEM motor mounts lol

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
mustclime, do the EnergySuspension bushings for the rear sway work with that?
a little...its the progress bar....a stock bar and some bushings are less than 100...just a fyi

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
yes

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the culprit of my problem was a torn/ripped exhaust hanger , the mid section one, shape of a triangle. replaced it . no more play, also my muffler shop guy added another hanger on the rear , so now the rear part of the exhaust is stiff. im gonna buy 2 cusco hangers for the front, and with my race motor mounts ill be good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts