Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Rear Wiper...Gone

4K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  DC5 2K3 ITR 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone...I did something I thought I'd never think of doing but I did it, I removed my rear wiper.

And I did all at the cost of $3...cheap cheap.

I'm posting this as an alternative method because another fellow ClubRSX member is charging $15 and I thought if anyone was intersed in saving themselves some cash, this was another effective way it could be done.

All you do is go to the local hardware store and pick up a trim cap, it covers something on doors or door pannels...it's just a circle cap baisicly.

You then use "Marine Water Proof" Silicone to attatch the cap to the hole in the window.

This Silicone works very nice and doesn't leak in the least. I used it on my DIY JDM Black Housing Headlights and no problems what so ever with water leaking in. I did these in July last year, the 2nd day I got the car and it's been great.

So if anyone has any questions about it just PM me...just thought I'd share the info.

Later...Jennifer :wavey:

Here's a pic. of the finished product...sorry about the fog on the bottom of the window.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
About 15 min. at the most...pretty quick and painless.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I like it because that's how the JDM ITR's come in Japan, and I hardly ever use mine so I figgured why not...I like to be a little different and no one around here has it done...yet.

Click on my profile and go to my gallery...they're all there.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
I do have a pic. in my gallery...they aren't exactly covers...

Discussion starter · #13 ·
I have a better pic. of it in my gallery...one I think.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
I think You should, I'm getting the Type R Spoiler in a week and I think with no wiper it gives it a sleek look.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
Hi, i had them custom made, my bf ~ fiance' works at a vinyl graphics shop, on his lunch break he made that for me.

I haven't seen them anywhere either, it's not a common decal.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Come to think of it, I probalby coudl've done that as well.

But why pay when I can get it done for free...plus I wanted mine a little smaller than the Si.

I didn't want this honking thing on my car and that's all you saw from miles away...you know.

Discussion starter · #37 · (Edited)
rmh_158 said:
omg the n00b w/ 45 posts is putting me down what am I going to do.......
Hey you know what????

Mabye if we spent my entire day, all my energy and effort like you do bad mouthing and putting your two cents in where it's not wanted or cared for, I also would have "2296" posts.

Oh wow, what a concept...holy shi*t!!!:eek:

Why the hell don't you just take taseles comments and ignorance to another board where it'd be more valued and repected such as www.mwir.net they welcome all things of your kind and nature no matter where they live.

:firemad:

I'm done wasting my precious time on you or your ignorant comments...my time's much too valuable!

Discussion starter · #44 · (Edited)
Yes you would or could shave the pisser off as well...it's your choice.

Discussion starter · #46 · (Edited)
Well yes if your going to bondo the hole up then it would be. Which would be the choice method to do.

Or you could just get another cap much smaller than that and do the same thing but the litle cap the color of your car.

Discussion starter · #50 · (Edited)
Nicely put Dave....:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.