Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Rearl LCA Bolts Part #?

578 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  tommycrx 
#1 ·
Howdy. The Honda schematic is a mess in this area, and the bolt (#26 in the "rear lower arm" pic - it's pointing forward, and is in the general area I would think it would be) only says that two are needed, when I would think that three would be.

So if anyone has done this before and knows which part # it was, any help appreciated. Gracias. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
Ok, since no one else answered it, I'll answer my own question.

The answer (drum roll please) is that the bolts aren't sold directly by Honda. You buy the entire rear trailing arm assembly in one piece (once you know what you're looking at/for, the schematic does make sense and shows the trailing arm and LCA together with the 3 bolts already in, attaching them together.

They're $221 each at Majestic. However, I was able to get a set on ebay from a salvage yard in FL for $150 for both. My original plan was to powdercoat the "new" arms and use the bolts from them for the F7 LCAs. But the trailing arms are not really noticeable at all, so I figured that would be a waste of money, and instead just ordered the rear trailing arm bushings from JHP instead, so that I get some real suspension benefit for my cabbage.

Talked to the shop that's doing the install on the way to work, and the stock bolts do not fit the recesses in the F7s very well, so they will grind them down to fit. Won't affect the bottlecaps, so all will be good. Still annoys me that F7 didn't send the proper bolts from the get go, and even more so that they haven't answered the f*cking phone in over 2 weeks straight. What business does that? :thumbsdow

At least all will be resolved next week. I'll have pics in my build thread later, along with my Weds that are going on too.

#3 ·
Yep Honda does not sell those bolts. They don't even sell the ten point socket that you need to remove the 6 of them.

You can always take one out and find a replacement at a hardware store. Or reuse the tamper proof bolts. I plan on doing my LCAs in a few weeks, I hope I can get all 6 off with out to much fuss. Appearantly they are torqued down to like 97pounds.

#4 ·
On the arms I bought off ebay (from a salvage yard in FL, so a southern car - the bottlecap bolts are a night and day difference from the original ones on my NE car), I bought PB Blaster the night I was going to try to loosen them. Ended up not even needing it, as they came off cleanly and easily with the socket from K Parts and a 2-foot breaker bar. I was amazed. :pray:

Though as I said, removing the bolts that are on the car now I'm sure will be a very different experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.