Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Buying
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im buying an 05 rsx type s this weekend and the guy im buying it from debadged the car completely. Any tips or things i should know about rebadging it. I really like to have the rsx and type s on the back.

·
OG Base Crew
4,118 Posts
3M double side tape. Works for decklids should work for badges.

·
Registered
552 Posts
If your buying the badges from acura or probably any where they should have a sticky back side so you can stick right on.

Dont use 3m tape, a rear deck lid is way different then a tiny emblem.

·
OG Base Crew
4,118 Posts
I guess they are, well it also worked when I reattached my emblems to let the car go. I cut out the old dry adhesive and replaced it with 3m, took some carving with a razor but held up fine.

·
3,310 Posts
I guess they are, well it also worked when I reattached my emblems to let the car go. I cut out the old dry adhesive and replaced it with 3m, took some carving with a razor but held up fine.
exactly what you should do.
If your buying the badges from acura or probably any where they should have a sticky back side so you can stick right on.

Dont use 3m tape, a rear deck lid is way different then a tiny emblem.
:face:what do you think is on the back of those badges you bought? an equivalent of 3m double sided tape.

·
OG Base Crew
4,118 Posts
I thought so too, even looked like it. :rotfl:

But I'm sure if you do buy brand new emblems from a dealership they might have new adhesive for ya.

·
Its Always Sunny...
2,678 Posts
I used 3m emblem adhesive found at like advanced auto, had them emblems on for about 6 months, got bored and they came right off, little reside. Id recommend it

·
OG Base Crew
4,118 Posts
Yep reliable vendor for BNIB parts.

·
Registered
552 Posts
exactly what you should do.

:face:what do you think is on the back of those badges you bought? an equivalent of 3m double sided tape.
My bad, i thought it was a adhesive type glue on the back of them with a peel off instead of the tape, i can see the bigger ones being used with tape but i was thinking more on the acura emblem its self since its thinner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts