Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
EvoDriva
1,811 Posts
recaros are a ton of money they go for about 4 grand new and about 1,000 used so if you got the money to get them then you should have no problem getting the srs light off

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
dc5: what body kit is that on the dc5 in your sig?

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
donmeca2020 said:
recaros are a ton of money they go for about 4 grand new and about 1,000 used so if you got the money to get them then you should have no problem getting the srs light off
4 grand?? I paid 1350 shipped for my Recaro SRD's, sliders, and wedge brackets.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
i didn't go to tokyo just my sig :)

I have no idea what body kit that is..i am sure we will know soon enough (overboost).

only reason you would get srs is because stock seats has airbag on them...and recaro/aftermarket seats don't have airbags..so srs light will come one.

i know that mugen sells air bag off kit with their steering wheel but i haven't heard any thing about aftermarket seats providing that info.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Will you lose ALL your air bags with an aftermarket seat?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Isn't the SRS light removed if you get the Type R Gauge Cluster?

Sean

·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
arcticblrsx-s said:
Will you lose ALL your air bags with an aftermarket seat?
good question i was thinking about that but i don't think it would because sometimes if you put something on your passenger seat the car will think its a baby seat and it disengages the side air bags from the seats but not the front air bags so i don't think it will kill the other airbags in the car but i can be wrong so can any body correct me if im wrong

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
donmeca2020 said:
You're a moron, Most good seats like Sparco, Recaro you can usually get 2 from 1000 up to 2k depending on what they are made out of. Maybe you're thinking of Bride seats? I know they are like 1k a seat. But they are rediculously hot.:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, another way to make a racing seat more expensive is get a stupid ass reclining one, in my eye that's just a stupid purchase. I hate reclinable racing seats, it just defeats the purpose.

·
Street Chemist
5,632 Posts
simsim said:
SOME people have a life other than racing, and NEED reclining seats... :rolleyes:
Umm....Yeah, then don't get a RACING SEAT if you're not gonna race. There is absolutly no point. If you're not racing then what do you need it for? Most of you obviously havn't ever sat in a racing seat, it holds you in like a bitch, and if you actually buy a good name brand (not V-racing, tenzo R, and some of the other crappy ones under 200 a seat) they are actually more comfortable then a stock seat. So there is no point to get a reclinable racing seat. Unless you're trying to rock the gangsta lean, then you're just retarded. I'm 6"2 and sit with the seat strait up and as close as i can without being uncomfortable. If I can do that everyone can, and as much as you may think, it's still comfortable.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
I think some of you are getting racing seats confused with street seats. A racing seat, as has been said, should not recline. I had a Momo Cup in my civic, and it held me in VERY well, did not recline, was comfty, but was a pain to get in and out of.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts