Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright lads, it's time to immortalize my pile of junk before I die.

Parts List:

I picked this up back in 2013 a few months before grad. Snowed the next day in April so I couldn't even clean it up properly. It had 98,000km when I picked it up and it's up to 116,000km now. It was a re-build title after getting into a minor wreck in the front. Frame is all straight, just lost a front bumper and a few other parts. I got it in pretty much tip top shape apart from the broken driver-side side skirt.

Car had a check engine light when I picked it up, which ended up being O2 sensor issues in both banks, so I had to replace both of them.

After a bit of cleanup and maintenance I started my modding career.

Went to a local meet:

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
First project was redouts. I can't recall the site I ordered from, but I got two sets of redout vinyls since this was my first time working with this stuff and I wanted to be safe. Good thing I got two sets since the first one I ended up creasing so hard it was unusable.

Before

After

Had to replace my rear-view mirror since the paint was flaking inside:

Some parts came in!

Blackouts

Visors

Foggies and A-spec Replica front lip from a vendor on the site here.

Next on the list was foglights and headlights.Blackout headlights from Amazon. "DynamiK" OEM replica brand, of course. Got OEM foglight replicas from eBay:

Came with the cheap switch, of course.

Work getting done:

Headlights on, now time for foggies:

Late night at the shop and cost me like $100 when it was all said and done, but they're on and functioning 100%

The final step was to install the OEM fog switch to replace that crap aftermarket one:

Splicing it was a pain, but followed the diagrams and DIY threads on the site and it worked out perfectly!

As for the headlights, they will make a return in my later posts. These were good. They fit like OEM and looked perfect. The biggest issue with these is their adjustment hardware doesn't work. Normally, you can access little screw wheels to aim the headlight bulbs up and down, but these ones just don't work and as a result, my lights aren't properly aimed. I don't do much night driving so it's fine, but one thing to consider when you're buying aftermarket stuff. I plan on converting the front end to 05-06 lights with projectors anyway, but anyone who wants to upgrade, I strongly suggest getting projectors even on the 02-04 years since the output on these stock housings in awful.

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Picked up a battery tie-down from a member on the site.

Redid the window trim black following a tutorial here in the DIY section. Kind of a pain in the ass, but Plasti-Dip worked really well. Just careful with the plastic tabs...

Slipped on those Weathertech window visors. So, here's the thing. They look awesome. But the problem is that they go inside your window channel and interfere with your windows. I know many people have no issues with them, but I did, and I know some people also did. So be careful. If you get a set of these kinds of visors for any car, it could damage your window trim and your window. Even if there is no immediate damage, it could cause your window to go off track or burn your motor out due to extra resistance.

The first time I rolled up my driver-side window after the install, it straight up popped off the clips that hold it in place. I had to take it out of the panel and get it glued back onto the track system...Since then, the visors are still in and holding up, although I had to do a lot of trimming and adjusting to make sure they're not messing anything up. Still, have to be careful and watch the windows to make sure they don't get pinched near the front.

Just remember to be careful with these visors. Their channels snap very easily so remove them as little as possible.

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ordered an A-spec factory wing from Delray Acura. Came painted with full hardware, struts, and a mini decklid. Mini decklid still in the box waiting for a full respray to install it.

Got these too:

Easy install if you had the low-wing. Things just bolt right up. Of course, with my luck, one of the studs on the old wing snapped right off, but fortunately it wasn't stuck in the hatch so it was fine. The old wing gaskets ate away at the paint so there are visible marks where it used to be. I'm sure the hatch is rusting where the wing holes are, but whatever, that will be a headache for the bodyshop guys when they respray the car.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Looks good !! ... someone told me “nice car!” At the gas station the other day .. lol I felt special for a moment. Then I looked at it and got sad again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good !! ... someone told me “nice car!” At the gas station the other day .. lol I felt special for a moment. Then I looked at it and got sad again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

I'm still working on getting the rest of my progress caught up to what the car is now, so check back again to see what else I've done to the car over the years.

I live in a small town and get a ton of compliments on my car, but most of them are from people who don't even know what it is and think it's a "racecar" :rotfl:

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
After the wing, I got my A-spec replica front lip painted and installed at a bodyshop.

Fitment was about 80%. It's a replica, so of course it will be hit and miss. Over the years it has separated a bit more and the paint has developed a few bubbles, but overall it's holding up nicely to this day.

Also took some time to get rid of my SRS light the ghetto way. Took apart the dash and put a small piece of electrical tape over the SRS LED. Mostly because it was so god damn bright at night.

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ayeee shes looking good bro always a fan of nhbp
Thanks man. Love how it looks, hate how it shows imperfections and dirt. Maybe it's better in Cali, but around here, dust covers this thing the moment I wash it. It's insane.

More updates to come.

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
I hear you on that my subi gets dirty so quick its annoying. Just glad youre still doing things to the rsx. Theres only a few of us here left

·
Super Moderator
430,523 Posts
hey what the fuck, thought you already had a show off thread...

anyway...not sure why I'm in here

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey what the fuck, thought you already had a show off thread...

anyway...not sure why I'm in here
my first thread on this site was a showoff thread that got locked because it wasn't "cool" enough. New site rules, now any car is cool enough :D

·
Super Moderator
430,523 Posts
well the old rules were gay and the old mod that ran this section was a bitch, so...yeah

you're still not cool enough clown

·
K24 revhard
2,571 Posts
well the old rules were gay and the old mod that ran this section was a bitch, so...yeah

you're still not cool enough clown
Good to see you two bastards are still lurking

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I tried my hand at waxing and well, it was quite an experience. Not only is it a pain in the ass to do by hand, but I'm still finding dry wax streaks to this day.

Decided to paint the valve cover and check my valve clearance. As you will learn, I'm not a good painter and the cover turned out about 90%. I got a couple fish eyes and oversprayed some on top, which you can see in the picture. Some of the sides were a little thin as well and never wrinkled. Overall though, pretty nice.

Detailing the engine.

This is how this car spent its winters over the last 6 years

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Next summer discovered my exhaust manifold heat shield was rusty and falling apart.

To the trash.

One of my foglight lenses got smashed so I followed a DIY on the site and ordered a pair of pre-cut lexan lenses from one of the guys here. Pretty simple install. One of the few times I did something right and it wasn't a pain in the ass. Also got a new set of bulbs because the eBay bulbs I got with my fog kit both bulged...

Here's the damage:

Bit of a messy job, but easy.

Result:

I think clear looks cleaner than yellow anyway.

Door lock actuator crapped out so I got a new one from Honda along with a second O2 sensor.

Not my favourite job. I ended up replacing the passenger door one last summer as well because it too stopped working. So both are brand new and both had me swearing like a madman. Door panel jobs are a plague.

I decided to pick up a set of 05-06 Type S wheels since my tires were getting old. Got these for a good deal, pretty much new rubber, and wheel condition was 8.5/10. Along with the wheels I got a new AC condenser assembly in my pursuit to fix my AC leak (no luck). Lastly, the guy who sold me the wheels had a few 05 parts around and I picked up a few things I need for a front and rear conversion, brackets, tail lights, fog light inserts, and grille.

A few people asked me if I had a turbo on the car because they mistook it for an intercooler haha

Brackets needed some work

Picked up a pair of 05 seats from the same guy as well, still not installed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts