Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Thought I'd do the cabin air filter since it was never done.

Got the 05 wheels on the car. Looks amazing. Took a bit to get used to them being bigger, but I think these are one of the best looking stock wheels on an entry-level sports car.

Because these are a bit wider, they don't look as sunk, but still need a bit of spacing.

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Intercooler does look good on it lol, what brand intercooler is that?

Man i should replace my cabin filter as well. Nice pick up on the seats bro !

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I wish a brand like Rota or something would make wider versions of the '05-'06 S wheels. I think they look better than a lot of aftermarket options, they just need to allow more tire. As for filling in the fenders, I've been meaning to get 25mm spacers forever.

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I wish a brand like Rota or something would make wider versions of the '05-'06 S wheels. I think they look better than a lot of aftermarket options, they just need to allow more tire. As for filling in the fenders, I've been meaning to get 25mm spacers forever.
No kidding. That wheel design is really clean and yeah a lot of people get 25mm spacers but I think I'll just pick up a wider set of RPF1s instead. Spacers aren't that great on wheel hubs and wider tires give better braking so win win.

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
At this point I slowed down with the mods since I lost a bit of interest and spent most of my car funds on fixing things. During one summer I had to replace both an alternator and a starter on the car within weeks of each other.

With my luck, of course, the first alternator I bought ended up throwing a battery light so I took it back and got another one, resulting in two alternator jobs in one week. Truthfully, once you break the bolts loose, it's a relatively easy job apart from the tight space and difficulty getting the unit through the headlight gap, but the biggest struggle I had was breaking those old bolts loose. there was just too much corrosion and I couldn't get enough leverage in there.

The starter job was easy in contrast. Once again, bolt corrosion was an issue, but at least there's more room to work with.

Since then I've fixed a few minor issues and put some black nail polish over some rock chips (of which there are many) and installed that WRX V-lip everyone is crazy about. Oh and I also got a free second-hand catback exhaust from a friend. I believe it's a Tanaka catback. Don't really care who it's made by, it sounds okay and isn't obnoxious and it's stainless steel which means it's lighter so :thumbsup:

Not the greatest pictures, but here it is now.

Yes, Coilovers and wheels are coming up, probably RPF1s.

I plan to convert it to 05-06 front and rear at some point and then respray the whole thing black again. Then we'll maybe dabble in some K24 swaps with a turbo, but that is many years from now.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts