Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
*~*YunG_Dc5*~*
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I been feeling that my handling on my car is not as great and I'm guessing it's from my 18's. Before when I was rolling on stockies with my car lowered, it was handling a lot better without torque steer or feeling like I'm going to lose it around the corner. Now I know my rims are heavy and my tires are just awful. I'm looking to do something lightweight such as the ITRs or the FD2 Type R Wheels. What do you guys think? I'm gonna wrap them with Bridgestone Potenza Z rated tires.

Here's my current wheels! 18x7.5 with a +48 Offset

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
just as a heads up, the fd2r wheels... they have a high offset of +55.. so they will look sunken in in ur guards..... I was looking for the same thing... i eneded up with white ep3r wheels, 17 x 7, +45 offset.. so same specs as ur 05 type s stock wheels.. and i love it... don regret it at all!

·
These Colors Might Run
3,668 Posts
It's hard to tell exactly what the problem is, but I'm sure you'll have vastly improved handling if you just got really good tires. Changing your wheels shouldn't change your handling too much; it's all about the tires.

I think the Type R wheels are no lighter than stock type S wheels, about 21 pounds. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
well i ahve the JDM type r wheels (ep3r), and their much much lighter than the 05+ type s wheels.. basically, i can do this, hold each type r rim plus tyre, ONE IN EAHC HAND, and walk about 20 metres.. with the type s rim and tyre, i cna only carry one rim and tyre with both hands... thats how much heavier they are.

·
These Colors Might Run
3,668 Posts
well i ahve the JDM type r wheels (ep3r), and their much much lighter than the 05+ type s wheels.. basically, i can do this, hold each type r rim plus tyre, ONE IN EAHC HAND, and walk about 20 metres.. with the type s rim and tyre, i cna only carry one rim and tyre with both hands... thats how much heavier they are.
I guess there are a lot of different type R wheels, but I was talking about the DC5R wheels. I think those are kinda heavy.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
the dc5r wheels are 16 x 6.5 or 16 x 7 .... not sure their weight, but im thinking they have to be lighter then type s ones

·
*~*YunG_Dc5*~*
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all your suggestions! I know I do want to go to 17's but I'm just not sure what I want for sure. I think some ITR ones or something with Buddyclub or Advans

·
O-O-O-Oversteer
3,702 Posts
the dc5r wheels are 16 x 6.5 or 16 x 7 .... not sure their weight, but im thinking they have to be lighter then type s ones
i'm positive dc5R wheels are 17x7

Thanks guys for all your suggestions! I know I do want to go to 17's but I'm just not sure what I want for sure. I think some ITR ones or something with Buddyclub or Advans
if you really want new wheels and can afford advans, looks like you like gold, get some 17x8 +35 RGII and 235/40/17 Bridgestone RE11
/thread

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.