Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
I suck cause i have base
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea i suck.. i went through 2 sets of red outs.. i tried my drivers side tail light 1st.. got the back on smooth of course.. when i went to wrap it around it was creasing real bad and i ended up melting it with the dryer...

2nd one i had it all going smooth and got to the very last bottom corner of the wrap and it seemed there was so much excess vinyl it just all bunched up and ended up looking horrible and i wasnt sure what to do :firemad: ionno.. so i have passenger side red outs unused :bsflag:

·
I suck cause i have base
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you use soap and water?
Yea.. soap n water and a low setting heat gun.. everything was perfect and i had the entire back in place and was using a credit card to smooth it all out.. but just when it got to the very corner.. all wrinkles that i was smoothing ended up all in that one corner and it was just a mess.. idk.. i'll look at that other stuff

·
Certified Increadible
2,459 Posts
outside, cleaned light with acetone, masked off rear of car... sprayed, worked awosme, no drips been on for over a year, no fading chips, been painted and waxed

·
Certified Increadible
2,459 Posts
i'll give it a shot next weekend maybe.. thanks for the alternative
i was telling another member about this, and he did it, worked flawless... some will hate on it, cause people will about anything on this website, but i think its awsome... do a search... my threads should come up "red out spray" or something like that

·
Registered
2003 Acura RSX 5spd
5,219 Posts
I just used windex with mine, and didn't use a hair dryer at all. It took longer to dry, so i checked back on it every 2 minutes.

Reactions: RavenDee

·
I am the Redout Guy!
160,221 Posts
Did you get the redouts from me because if you did I would definitely offer to help you out with installing them or sending your replacements.

·
Wheres the Bulkhead?
354 Posts
When I did mine i didn't use a hair dryer just lots of soap and water. Maybe by using the hair dryer it stretched out the vinyls a bit and thats why you had all the excess at the bottom.

I got mine back when they were on decal girl almost a year ago and they were a pain to put on and I even messed up but by using lots of soap and water it gave me a few tries at it.

If you get more vinyls I would not use a hair dryer I think that might be the problem that you were having.

·
I suck cause i have base
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you get the redouts from me because if you did I would definitely offer to help you out with installing them or sending your replacements.
no i got them from decal girl just before winter.. any how i'll check out the tint shop too.. if they want any more than $20 that will just be :bsflag:

·
when in rome
18,627 Posts
i just cleaned my tail lights and stuck mine on. no soap or water. i got a couple of little wrinkles but nothing serious.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
u suck at life if u screw up red-outs more than once, should stay away from diy stuff
Chill some people just arn't cut out to do this kinda stuff. Maybe he is the next Bill gates or something and makes you feel like shit cause you can't build a software program.

Agreed though its not the harderst Good luck with the paint.

·
Duffman OHH YEAAHH
9,811 Posts
Chill some people just arn't cut out to do this kinda stuff. Maybe he is the next Bill gates or something and makes you feel like shit cause you can't build a software program.

Agreed though its not the harderst Good luck with the paint.
lol its applying a sticker, im sure bill gates could figure it out

1 - 20 of 79 Posts