Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been meaning to put this review up for a while now. For us RSX owners who embrace our fancy Tan/Titanium interior and refuse to go through the trouble of doing a black interior swap, I have found the correct color on Redline goods for the steering wheel. :)

I contacted Redline for some sample of their leather colors and for about $15-20, they'll send you a complete sample of their selection. I would have loved to put some NAPPA or alcantara instead of straight leather but the gray selection in alcantara was too dark.

The correct color that is damn near a perfect match to our interior is Charcoal leather with matching thread

Acura RSX 2002-06: Steering wheel cover,
Charcoal leather, matching thread (Factory wheel cover)
Item#: cfe5adc4e4

I bought the leather wrap from Redline goods on July 2018 for $105.00 and it arrived about 3 weeks later. I bought a used wheel on ebay for $40 and had both the new wrap and wheel sent to one of Redline's suggested local installers near my area. Nora Gonzalez who works for Redline did an excellent job at installing the new wrap. Only took her a couple days to do it and I had the new wheel shipped back in about a week. The installation of the wrap cost was $149.

I daily my RSX, which is why I bought a used wheel on eBay. I don't know how to sew nor had the patience to learn; so Nora came to the rescue.

Picture from Nora when the wheel was complete

Once installed :p

Overall very happy with the installation. It was pretty expensive, about $360 in parts and labor after paying someone to install the new wheel. But I maintain my decision because its still cheaper than getting a new wheel from Acura in this color.

According to online pricing as of writing this review:

Acura RSX Steering Wheel
Part Number: 78501-S6M-A91ZB
Grip *YR232L* (LEA) (DARK TITANIUM)
Retail Price: $730.97
Online Price: $511.82
https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem-acura-rsx-steering_wheel.html

·
WILDCARD!
1,166 Posts
Wow, yeah, that does look really nice! What was wrong with your original, just ratty from the years?

Also, what is that little thing to the right of your wheel in the final pic?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, yeah, that does look really nice! What was wrong with your original, just ratty from the years?

Also, what is that little thing to the right of your wheel in the final pic?
Yeah, the sun dried the leather out and got ugly over the years.

Arduino Shift indicator
https://youtu.be/STVd8Q7etkc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts