Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Must...stop...modding!!
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might buy a faded CF hood soon, and I was wondering if a hood can be refinished, or re gel coated? Has anyone done this, and how much does it typically cost? Thanks guys!!

· e90
20,084 Posts
Yes, just scuff the gel coat with like 1500 grit sandpaper and re gelcoat it, but honestly it fill fade over time. I would have a bodyshop sand and clearcoat it a couple times, then you don't have to keep it maintained as much:)

1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
regelcoated, reclearcoated, same thing....but a regular old body shop would be able to re do the finish, or would i have to take it to a specialized place that say, makes the hoods or something?

1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm....how was it not worth it? Costwise? Did you find any shops that could actually do this? We're both in Norcal so hopefully there is someone close by that you already came across that could do this.

· Registered
1,589 Posts
NxtLvlRSXtypeS said:
hmmm....how was it not worth it? Costwise? Did you find any shops that could actually do this? We're both in Norcal so hopefully there is someone close by that you already came across that could do this.
well i never talked it up with an actual professional shop but a lot of people on this site told me it would only fade again and was just too much trouble to deal with. i took their word and get myself a new hood,haha

1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OH, well in that case, I will probably just paint over it, haha, damn....a sleeper CF hood!

1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OH yeah, OT, where did you go to get the holes for your sidemarkers drilled? Im too scared to dremel into my fender myself!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.