Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would i get good gains from cams after a reflash, or would i need K-pro instead to really feel the benefit? would i develop knocks with just a reflash after getting cams? is there a possibility i could develop knocks with just a reflash? i'm running 91 octane...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Reflash is meant for a slightly modded to un-modded engine. If your going to put cams in your going to need to have kpro to not only feel a difference in power but to have them work properly.

·
iT's ThE vTeC mAfIa Yo!
1,259 Posts
would i get good gains from cams after a reflash, or would i need K-pro instead to really feel the benefit? would i develop knocks with just a reflash after getting cams? is there a possibility i could develop knocks with just a reflash? i'm running 91 octane...
with no adjustment, you run the risk of going lean, piston to valve contact depending on cam lift and timing, detonation. if you want to cam u need kpro

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
You can't really run a reflash and cams together, your a/f and timing would be all screwed up and you wouldn't make any power. don't short cut it, if you want cams then buy k-pro.

with no adjustment, you run the risk of going lean, piston to valve contact depending on cam lift and timing, detonation. if you want to cam u need kpro
it wouldn't have any piston to valve contact

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks guys, i'll get the reflash, and no cams. my budget is less than limited, so i can't afford k-pro for the 05-06 at the moment

·
iT's ThE vTeC mAfIa Yo!
1,259 Posts
You can't really run a reflash and cams together, your a/f and timing would be all screwed up and you wouldn't make any power. don't short cut it, if you want cams then buy k-pro.

it wouldn't have any piston to valve contact
why not, too much advance on a huge cam could cause this, hondata warns about this in the help file in kpro

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
why not, too much advance on a huge cam could cause this, hondata warns about this in the help file in kpro
you can't change how the piston and valves come in contact with each other when in reference to cams and a reflash. you change how the cam and piston rotate in relation to each other (don't line things up correctly) or you go with way to big of cam for the piston you are running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts