Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, putting in a CN stage one in the next couple of weeks. The problem is I have the Hondata Flash in the ECU. Everyone says to take it to a dealer to return it to stock. The problem is my dealer service guy is an idiot and has no idea what is going on. Can they do it? If so what should I tell him to do?

·
Registered
766 Posts
you can sell it to someone and trade for their stock ECU. Then bring the stock one back to the dealer for them to flash it in order to work with your immobilizer. That's what most ppl do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eyezonly said:
you can sell it to someone and trade for their stock ECU. Then bring the stock one back to the dealer for them to flash it in order to work with your immobilizer. That's what most ppl do.

True! I really my doubt the dealer will be able to do that too. I mean to tell you, this guy is a frickin idiot!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kimchi_boi2000 said:
bring it to a diff dealer....most dealers can do this.
Only have one in reasonable driving distance. Called Hondata they said if they just load an update this should return it back to stock.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
What do you tell the service adviser when you set up the appointment? "I need my ECU reflashed cause I bought aftermarket flash?" Probably not the smartest thing. Is there really a legit reason for having to reflash?

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
coexrjguy said:
OK, putting in a CN stage one in the next couple of weeks. The problem is I have the Hondata Flash in the ECU. Everyone says to take it to a dealer to return it to stock. The problem is my dealer service guy is an idiot and has no idea what is going on. Can they do it? If so what should I tell him to do?
One of the options you have is to upgrade the ECU reflash to the K-Pro for $500. There is no better way to tune the car - if you can find a good tuner.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
coex u can easily sell that program to someone in your area for 3-400 bucks.. i jsut did mine.. all you need is to swap ecu and they plug this device into the obd 2 port and they reconfigure the ecu with the immobilizer and key you have.. it take about 15 min.

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Dang, Can hondata answer me this....

I was going to take my Car down to Erick's Racing down the street from you guys.. Will I need a boost gauge with the new hondata setup, or can I have them install my turbo, intercooler, BOV, and pay the extra 500 for the program, and be able to attain 9psi?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts