Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the title says it all. I bought the 05 rsx base auto about 2 months ago althought i got a good deal on the car (20,000 OTD) i am still very unhappy about its performance aspect. Now my question is if i traded it back in for a Type-s now will i save money doing it that way or should a wait it out for two years. By the way the car has 2800 miles.

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
shoulda bought the type-s in the first place...(yeah i know i have a base, but that wasn't up to me)

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I considered the base but got the type-s instead. This was my first manual car.

You could sell it, but you're gonna get fucked over big time. If I were you, I would just mod it to at least get some more power. Just hold onto the car

·
Hellooo
3,389 Posts
i just got my 05 auto rsx, and i don't regret anything. I guess it all depends on what you are in need of. If you are need of power then i guess the type-s is for you. But i would rather save the extra grands for other stuff because my rsx is a daily car and i dont need the extra power. But i can still beat little rice rocket civics, so im good =).

·
Hellooo
3,389 Posts
you could break even, because our cars hold very very great value. You can find 04s for the price of 05s and kelly blue book says it all. So I think you should save up a couple of grand and sell the car privately and buy a type-s =)

·
Registered
348 Posts
05rsxbase said:
yea i think i will keep it for two years and sell it but my question is would i break even at the end.
Of course not. :rolleyes: You will loose money, actually you already lost at least 2-3k just taking the car out of the dealer's parking lot.

·
Registered
348 Posts
05rsxbase said:
i guess its a lose lose situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, far from it. Take this as a learning experience and grow from it. Do what I plan on doing, I'm going to pay off my car in a years time (well not saying you have to do this but if you can afford to you should) and for my 25th b-day when we get our nice insurance price drop; I'm getting a vette of that year.

Replace vette with whatever you would perfer.

Just 4 more years for me. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
05rsxbase said:
:thumbsup: i am 18. so a vette is far from the picture. what kind of work do you do paying a car off in one year. :driving:
Local government job so the pay is very good especially considering my age (20 going on 21 in september).

Yeah the vette would be far from the picture for you sadly (or whatever other high hp car you like) but hey you never know. When I was 18 I never thought I could have my dream car (vette) by 25 and its going to happen now.

Just look at it this way, you're 18 with a BRAND NEW car and on top of it a very nice car. Anyone here or anywhere who tells you your car is crap is out of their minds.

Just remind yourself that at your age the last thing you need is to get speeding tickets/into an accident. The auto rsx helps you (sort of...) avoid tickets and still look PIMPIN'.

Chicks dig our cars auto or not. :love:

You will get some loving with your rsx, trust me. :bow:

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
05rsxbase said:
Well the title says it all. I bought the 05 rsx base auto about 2 months ago althought i got a good deal on the car (20,000 OTD) i am still very unhappy about its performance aspect. Now my question is if i traded it back in for a Type-s now will i save money doing it that way or should a wait it out for two years. By the way the car has 2800 miles.
what's your interest rate or you paid cash? I did the same thing but I had an auto with leather, I had it for one month with 3k miles. I got hit with 1800 depreciation at the dealer I got it for, and I had a higher interest rate with the type-s because I had a NE special interest rate deal with the prem auto.

I debated it for 3 weeks, and i just did it. I still have headaches over not getting the type-s from the getgo and paying an arm and a leg for the type-s, but I have never been happier.

Truth is, if you can wait 6months - 1 year, the depreciation will be about the same as now. But I'm an obsessive person and I have to get what I really want or I can't sleep (not in the spoiled sense, but if my pedals are installed wrong, which it is, I'll be thinking about that shit constantly til I get it fixed).

Up to you man. for me it was worth it, because I love my car and I'm serious about tuning and modding my car, and I'm going to the track. But if you just need somethign to drive, just stay with your car. It'll be less tranny probs and you'll save money on gas using 87 octane. But if you're serious into performance, go for it and just save money from other things.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.