Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get my car inspected this week and they failed me because they said my lights were too blue. I have the Xenon Depot 5000k and at first there blue but turn whitish. I think this is so ridiculous and the guys said if i got written proof from the place i got them that there legal than he'll pass me. And since he rejected me i have to take it back to the same friggen place.

Isn't this b.s. what should i do

Thanks alot

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Um, i'd get a older TL with stock HID's park it next to your's turn them both on and tell them to sue Acura, lol.

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
Do you definatley have to take it back to that place? The guy that does mine does'nt even look at the car, just plugs his black box in and thats it....I guess thats one good thing about Vermont.

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
um u should have known in the first place that xd HIDs are illegal to have on cars..what u should have done was just put in ur stock halogen bulbs in when going to inspection then after put the hid bulbs back in...since the ballasts are mounted underneath the headlights they wont see it...but yeah i think it's still kinda your own fault for taking a car with an aftermarket HID set to get inspected..u should have known better..not flaming just voicing my opinion sorry if it offends u

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
shibbism said:
um u should have known in the first place that xd HIDs are illegal to have on cars..what u should have done was just put in ur stock halogen bulbs in when going to inspection then after put the hid bulbs back in...since the ballasts are mounted underneath the headlights they wont see it...but yeah i think it's still kinda your own fault for taking a car with an aftermarket HID set to get inspected..u should have known better..not flaming just voicing my opinion sorry if it offends u
nah most places dont know or wont care, like gas stations on the side of the road. If u go to acura dealer to get it inspected, they would know, but atleast where i am, most places wont care bout lights or anything.

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
RSXtreme703 said:
nah most places dont know or wont care, like gas stations on the side of the road. If u go to acura dealer to get it inspected, they would know, but atleast where i am, most places wont care bout lights or anything.
i see what ur saying...for me i live in so cali...and cops are dicks here...and now they are cracking down on illgeal HID sets...im glad i got the 6k bc it looks more luxurious than the 5k, where the 5k can still be mistaken as bulbs. so for me if i knew i had to go to an inspection, first thing i'd do is put my halogens in and my stock exhaust :)

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
Good, and u got 6000k also! so basically us with the 6000k should be alright?! haha. I wasnt really worried about it anyway. Good luck everyone!

·
Ayatollah
164 Posts
I'm in Boston and have had my car fail at a number of places (my plates don't match my registration) and have never had a problem going someplace else to get it finished. I just keep trying new garages if one place notices the discrepency and won't pass me. In the end I always find some place to pass me. Just keep trying...

·
Ayatollah
164 Posts
The woman at the RMV mistyped the plate # into my registration info. I've got plates that can't be traced to a real registration number. Good thing, I'd have one hell of a parking ticket bill. Boston sucks for parking.

·
Ayatollah
164 Posts
Funny thing is, I've been pulled over 3 times or so. Only 2 noticed. Luckily they just told me to get the registration fixed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts