Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a buddy that I'm helping turbo '05 Type S, We can't seem to figure out how to reroute/relocate the coolant lines coming off the block to the heater core and the engine harness. Do you guys just use new cut to length hose and reroute it or is there something else? I was told there was a thread for a hose to use but I can't find it.

As far as the engine harness, You guys leave it in the OE location or route it lower?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
23,798 Posts
yeah we just go to autozone and buy new hose and reroute it down under and out of the way.

I just bought standard heater hose and put wrap on it. Nothing fancy.

As far as engine harness we moved it back and zip tied it further on the firewall

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah we just go to autozone and buy new hose and reroute it down under and out of the way.

I just bought standard heater hose and put wrap on it. Nothing fancy.

As far as engine harness we moved it back and zip tied it further on the firewall
So lengthen the heater hoses and wrap them.

Engine harness gets moved higher up the fire wall and wrapped?

What do most do with the clutch reservoir as well?

·
Super Moderator
23,798 Posts
never done anything to the clutch reservoir. It's stayed safe. But put some heat wrap on the hose going to it to be safe.

For the engine harness we zip tied it back behind like the AC lines and yes wrap that too.

This is why I tuck my bay :) No heater wrap cause no parts in the way lol

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
never done anything to the clutch reservoir. It's stayed safe. But put some heat wrap on the hose going to it to be safe.

For the engine harness we zip tied it back behind like the AC lines and yes wrap that too.

This is why I tuck my bay :) No heater wrap cause no parts in the way lol
He was just worried the plastic would melt or something lol. His turbo has a heat blanket as well but it's a peakboost manifold, It sits the turbo out there pretty far.

I'll see if we can get his harness back there, He doesn't have A/C now. Thanks for the help Spaz:thumbsup:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUMP

Almost have my buddy's car done. We're running into an isse with the heater hoses on the back of the head to the heater core. The downpipe is so close to the fitting on the head, We can't get a hose on without it being kinked or getting extremely hot.

I know there's others that have ran into this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
551 Posts
For the heater hose. Take the fitting off the head. Take it to a hardware store. Get a 2 90* fittings and a barb hose fitting. 90* down from head. 90* to point it back at the firewall. Barb fitting. Then connect heater hose.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the heater hose. Take the fitting off the head. Take it to a hardware store. Get a 2 90* fittings and a barb hose fitting. 90* down from head. 90* to point it back at the firewall. Barb fitting. Then connect heater hose.
That's exactly what I was thinking we would have to do. Know the size of the hole? I was told m20x1. Hopefully we can get our hands on one because he'd rather not lose heat by deleting it.

Assuming we could use a 90 with a barb already attached to get more clearance?

·
:)
15,521 Posts
So lengthen the heater hoses and wrap them.

Engine harness gets moved higher up the fire wall and wrapped?

What do most do with the clutch reservoir as well?
You could put heat wrap around the clutch reservior and brake reservior so the turbo heat doesn't get to it and make it boil... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Idk the size but u could take it off and got try and put it into a bunch of female fittings till u find the right one. Lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bumping an old thread. I am having similar issues with the plm manifold/dp. The wastegate flange sits directly above both coolant passages and the dp is hitting the steering rack.. I'm going to take off the shield from underneath the car but as far as the coolant lines I was thinking along the same lines. A few 90* elbows off the lower passage, and maybe unbolting and shaving back the black hard line that runs to the thermostat.
Did you figure this issue out?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I wish i would have seen this way before i started my install ? i think my whole firewall and half the engine about to be heat wrapped. Lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
fitting on the back of the head is m20x1.0 if you guys need to know. just had to order a hydraulic fitting on mine to convert it to 1/2" to plumb it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts