Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Yo
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a viper 5701 and installed it in my car myself recently. Everything on it works fine except for the remote start feature. I used k-pro to disable my immobilizer so I wouldn't have to bypass it and unplugged it to get rid of that annoying green flashing light on the dashboard. I also bypassed my clutch already.

What happens when I try to remote start it is everything seems to be working fine, then when I hit the button to remote start, the dash lights come on and the car beeps a few times like it's going to start, but the engine never cranks. However, if I put the key in the ignition and turn it to on (without starting the car) and I remote start it, it starts up fine.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Also, if anyone knows which wire is the defroster wire that would be a big help, it seems to be the only wire I couldn't find in the car. Not that necessary but it would be cool to hook up.

·
Registered
700 Posts
If you are putting the key in the ignition, and using the remote start feature and it works, but doesnt work w/o the key in the ignition. The immobilizer is not disabled. Thats why its working when the key is in the ignition - the module is reading the key, which is allowing the car to be started.

·
Yo
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean, I plugged my computer into my ecu, went to kpro and turned the immobilizer function off. Not only that, but the immobilizer is unplugged from the car right now so I don't think that's the problem. I think it wouldn't run at all if it was still looking for it. Thanks though.

·
Yo
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I don't know if this will help but it still won't work with the key just in or at accessory, it'll only work when it's turned to on. Also, I know the immobilizer's off because the green key shaped flashing light won't flash at all anymore even during start up.

·
no longer blown ;(
6,576 Posts
you are missing power to an accessory wire by your description. check the connection to the black/red wire and white/red wire at the ignition harness. they should have an orange and pink/white wire from the remote start hooked to them. if not thats the problem. if it worked when you got it and now it doesnt, then it is probably a cold soldered connection. assuming its soldered at all that is.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ahh.. yeah, I didnt realize that you were turning the key at all. I was under the impression that you were merely just inserting the key into the ignition and starting via remote.

As DomSim mentioned, you are likely missing a connection or there is a problem with a connection.

·
12 Volt Installer
970 Posts
Agreed.....sounds like the ignition wire is not hooked up.....if you turn the key on and then it remote starts then I'd say that is exactly the problem.

·
no longer blown ;(
6,576 Posts
Agreed.....sounds like the ignition wire is not hooked up.....if you turn the key on and then it remote starts then I'd say that is exactly the problem.
except for the little matter that he said he turned the key to the accessory position and it worked and not the run position. an ignition wire does not have power in the accessory position, so if turning the key there allows it to work then it is either a bad connection to an accessory wire or transponder issue (which going off ops words, has been disabled)

·
Registered
601 Posts
accessory is required not to start up but it is needed to control the heaters and any other accessories while remote started

·
Yo
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got it figured out. It was a bad connection to the fused ignition wire. Started right up after I cleaned it up. Thanks to all that helped.

So does anyone know which wire the defroster wire is? It'd make it alot easier than testing every wire that comes out of the ac controls.

·
no longer blown ;(
6,576 Posts
accessory is required not to start up but it is needed to control the heaters and any other accessories while remote started
yeah try remote starting a any dodge ram after 98 without hooking up the accessory wires.

I got it figured out. It was a bad connection to the fused ignition wire. Started right up after I cleaned it up. Thanks to all that helped.

So does anyone know which wire the defroster wire is? It'd make it alot easier than testing every wire that comes out of the ac controls.
i hooked up defrost on mine but do not remember which wire it was and i dont want to pull my heater controls out again.

·
Registered
601 Posts
yeah try remote starting a any dodge ram after 98 without hooking up the accessory wires.
i understand that but i was referring to our car... i just did a 2002 dodge ram today and didnt use the 3rd accessory wire

or a 2008 chevy hhr where it needs to see the accessory and ignition to start the vehicle

·
Registered
601 Posts
nope its not needed :bow:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts