Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Removal of trunk and hatch. **UPDATED** now installed!!

Well guys/girls this is my little project at the moment. I have just recieved my carbon fiber trunk/hatch and now I need to remove the hatch and all the components including rear brake light, wiper motor and blade, and many other little parts.

Now if someone can please help me out by telling me how to remove the hatch and trunk the correct way. A person with a helms manual can help me out the most, so if someone can please email me those certain pages will greatly help me out.

Either post those pages here or email them to me. Thanks in advance.

My email is: [email protected]
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
just curious did you buy a new rear window cause i hear that you are supposed to buy stronger glass or something?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey can u post some pics of the carbon fiber hatch. Please!!!!

And where did u get from and how much? I think u may be the first to have one.

Thanks.

·
EaSt COaSt PiMp
439 Posts
Yeah...i wanna see it too... I was thinking about getting the ViS CF trunk... goodluck!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will take pictures of the hatch in the morning. I got it from VIS, and by the looks of it, the trunk looks very good. I will have it installed hopefully by this weekend for a car show. But I will take pictures of it tonight,.

And as of now I an the only one in Arizona with the Cf trunk, and jdm rims :)hehe..

Well I will post pictures of the hatch tomorrow.

·
I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS!
20,223 Posts
good thing you didnt buy the roja hatch.it costs almost 3gs :eek:
and im deffinetly in for picks of this.

i would post some scans of the pages but its copyrighted material and a bannable offence :)

also could you weigh it some how so we can see the weight savings over stock hatch?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A new window? Aren't all windows the same weight? I will call VIS today and talk to them a bit more and ask about that.

·
Registered
435 Posts
izerosll said:
A new window? Aren't all windows the same weight? I will call VIS today and talk to them a bit more and ask about that.
There is a company that makes lightweight RSX windows for racing applications. I can't, for the life of me, remember the name of the company, I've seen ads is Honda Tuning and Import Tuner. I think the windows are made of Lexan or some other synthetic material. I'll look around for the vendor.

EDIT: Found it... the company is FAL. Here is a post I found about it. If you search there a bucnh of others.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23449&highlight=lexan+and+window

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The company is called FAL, I might have to call them after I talk to VIS. Thanks for the information thou.

As promised here some pictures of the trunk/hatch:

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is soooo nice!!!!!! Thanks alot for the pics.

When u get the stock hatch off, can u weight them and tell us how much lighter the VIS hatch is.

Where did u order it from, and how much?

Thanks.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got mine through Versus motorsports, but you can order it from VIS directly.

·
My butterfly bit me
1,344 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks.

And yes it has little dents where you can drill holes for the "A" emblem on the rear trunk, and it also has a hole cut out for the third brake light as well.

Ok guys, now back to the topic, LOL. Does anyone have the manual that can scan and send me the pages regarding the removal of the trunk/hatch?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts