Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dripped some superglue on the rear center plastic piece. anyway to dissolve it out or something w/o messing up the entire piece?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Could be tricky. Solvents (such as acetone) that can dissolve superglue will dissolve most other plastics (superglue is a type of plastic also). With an ebony interior it could result in a "smearing" of the surface in the plastic with ugly white-ish swirls. Maybe try using an Exacto knife to slice it off and then carefully sanding the residue down.

·
i ❤ macro.
2,252 Posts
Most likely the superglue has already damaged the surface. Like Smashalot said, once it bonds it tends to dissolve itself into the surface. You could try holding a bag of ice on it to get it loose. As with gum, some glues tend to snap when cold. Otherwise, last resort is to slice it off with a sharp x-acto knife as was suggested. Not sure polishing will be very effective afterwards though.

·
Registered
22,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i guess i could always take the piece off, slice off the glue, primer sand it and paint it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.