1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im looking to remove swirl marks from my car.. i have a buffer
my question is what pad do i use? please send me a link
also i have all this stuff

-mirror glaze fine 2 fine cut cleaner (meguiars)

-gold class liquid wax (meguiars)

-Scratch X fine scratch remover (meguiars)

-cleaner wax (meguiars)

will any of this stuff work with the buffer?
thank you

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
you should use lake country pads with poorboys SSR...it really depends on how bad the swirls are to determine what pad and product to use...like if they are really bad use the orange pad with SSR2.5.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you should use lake country pads with poorboys SSR...it really depends on how bad the swirls are to determine what pad and product to use...like if they are really bad use the orange pad with SSR2.5.
kool than for the quick response...feew more questions.. would poorboys ssr be an equivelent to megiuars fine cut (listed above)? and also i did not see the orange i found yellow and it seems to be on the same lvl
and what do u recomment for polish pad? black or white?

·
I love my HONDA
991 Posts
NHBP SWIRLS FTL!!...never tried those pads b4 but will now

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
kool than for the quick response...feew more questions.. would poorboys ssr be an equivelent to megiuars fine cut (listed above)? and also i did not see the orange i found yellow and it seems to be on the same lvl
and what do u recomment for polish pad? black or white?
the white pad is lake country's polishing pad so that...black is their finishing pad...

edit: check here for orange pad....the yellow pad if for really heavy swirls and scratches, orange is for moderate ones...
http://detailcity.com/lake-country-ccs-pads-6-5.html

also you can use the code: teamintegra to save 10% on most products there...

·
Registered
807 Posts
hello im looking to remove swirl marks from my car.. i have a buffer
my question is what pad do i use? please send me a link
also i have all this stuff

-mirror glaze fine 2 fine cut cleaner (meguiars)

-gold class liquid wax (meguiars)

-Scratch X fine scratch remover (meguiars)

-cleaner wax (meguiars)

will any of this stuff work with the buffer?
thank you
Tell us what kind of buffer you have so we can help you. We don't know if you can even use any of the pads being named here until you tell us what machine you have.

·
ABP REPPIN!
2,051 Posts
meguiars is consumer wax...and products.....you need to find some presta chroma polish 1500.....grab you a presta medium pad and hit the car with presta cutting creme......then get a soft polish pad....and hit it with chroma 1500....then add the presta water polsih wax.....you need a 7 inch 3000 rpm buffer/sander......

ORBITAL sanders sold at wal-mart and pep boys or the local auto stores are gay and do not work well......hope that helps

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the white pad is lake country's polishing pad so that...black is their finishing pad...

edit: check here for orange pad....the yellow pad if for really heavy swirls and scratches, orange is for moderate ones...
http://detailcity.com/lake-country-ccs-pads-6-5.html

also you can use the code: teamintegra to save 10% on most products there...
hey so i get this backing plate from them to fit my buffer
http://detailcity.com/6-inch-flexible-backing-plate-circular.html and then what pads do i use 6.5 or 7.5?

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts