Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the Axleback part...and now the car feels slower...is this possible?

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
13 views.....no answer....anyone know?

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Well im guessing sice you are turbo, you are going to lose power since it's running off the exhaust. You probably lost a lot of torque by doing this. I don't know too much about turbo's though. I just wanted to reply so you didn't have 14 views and no responses:thumbsup:

Damn Arctic, that is one ugly mofo in your avatar, I hope thats not you:nervous: :laughing:

EDIT: Try PMing BigBuyer. He knows ALOT about turbo's and could most likely give you a very in depth explanation of how/why this is happening.

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tsudo...2.5 i believe.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Technically you should gain Hp and Tq. The Turbo actually doesn't have to push the air as far. The shorter exhaust offers a quicker spool time, resulting in more power, sooner. Also, the exhaust has a shorter time to cool so the air doesn't slow down before exiting.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
mabye since you tuned it with the exhaust on and took it off its freakin out .. haha i have no idea just came into my mind :laughing:

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good point...although i fucked up my settings and I dont have new ones yet....

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
u gained HP by taking the axle back off.....i did it before the 3in and gave the car about 15 more WHP.....but something else is going wrong with yours....the messed up settings probably causing the power loss.....remember..tuning is everything.

·
Out on bail
3,816 Posts
i thought turbo's run opposite of n/a when it comes to exhaust backpressure wise. so i guess maybe when you remove exhaust parts on N/A you gain as opposed to turbo. i cant think of anything logical or useful though :(

·
Registered
409 Posts
no...n/a cars need some backpressure to gain power...FI cars make more power the less back pressure they have..

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
the turbo is all the engine needs for backpressure.....creates alot on it's own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts