Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
HP is like crack
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having to redo all my vacuum lines, I have a few leaks and it's just a mess. I really want to remove this EVAP system to clean up my engine bay, however, when ripping it out, is there anything I need to do in KPRO so it doesn't throw a code?

Any input appreciated.

·
PPG Krew
5,478 Posts
I think you can remove the check valve on it since that's just to check the system but I don't know if you can remove it entirely. But even if you just remove the check valve box that will clean things up.

·
PPG Krew
5,478 Posts
It's right on the side of the motor...has the green thingy on it and is a black box.

·
Zack Killa
4,535 Posts
i just left the purge solenoid attached to the throttle body, but took out everything else, all it does is allow fuel vapors to reirculate back into the intake manifold.

·
CLUBRSX.com Supporter
3,684 Posts
I just looked in the newest version of k-pro and there is no tab. I could have swore in the older versions you could disable emission controls.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am interested in this as well since the nipple that attaches the hose to the evap sensor broke on mine. What are the pros and cons of disabling this system?

·
HP is like crack
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As I understand it, it's only used for emissions, since I have Kpro to "stretch" the truth for me, I don't need it. It's just one more thing to weigh me down and look ugly.

Anyone else?

·
HP is like crack
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wouldn't you fail emissions by removing it? or is there a way to trick it with kpro?
I'm pretty sure Kpro automatically disables it, as their is a place to enable it. Kpro lies on emissions anyway. I ripped mine out yesterday without a single problem. My friends have theirs removed and they pass every year.

·
CLUBRSX.com Supporter
3,684 Posts
So the conclusion is the older version of k-pro would allow you to manually disable it, now it does it automatically?

·
JDM in the Werks
816 Posts
bringing this one back....

Do you need k-pro to run without the EVAP? i deleted this but do not have K-Pro and my car won't start. I did a lot more than just remove the EVAP but am trying to narrow down what could be going on and want to know if anyone had similar problems.

·
S2000
1,365 Posts
bringing this one back....

Do you need k-pro to run without the EVAP? i deleted this but do not have K-Pro and my car won't start. I did a lot more than just remove the EVAP but am trying to narrow down what could be going on and want to know if anyone had similar problems.
im pretty sure you can delete it just fine without kpro.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts