Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Removing EVAP

Tags
evap removing
25K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  luisarellano282 
#1 ·
I'm having to redo all my vacuum lines, I have a few leaks and it's just a mess. I really want to remove this EVAP system to clean up my engine bay, however, when ripping it out, is there anything I need to do in KPRO so it doesn't throw a code?

Any input appreciated.

#2 ·
I think you can remove the check valve on it since that's just to check the system but I don't know if you can remove it entirely. But even if you just remove the check valve box that will clean things up.

#7 ·
i just left the purge solenoid attached to the throttle body, but took out everything else, all it does is allow fuel vapors to reirculate back into the intake manifold.

#19 ·
bringing this one back....

Do you need k-pro to run without the EVAP? i deleted this but do not have K-Pro and my car won't start. I did a lot more than just remove the EVAP but am trying to narrow down what could be going on and want to know if anyone had similar problems.

#21 ·
im having the same problem i deleted the whole canister, but i think the sensors on the canister are linked to the fuel pump harness so thats why it doesn't start, trying to find a way to bypass the sensors on the canister

#22 ·
I’m still confused on what this is for, I see it’s part of the EVAP system, but do I need it? Is there supposed to be a plug or hose for it? If so where does the hose connect to? I opened my engine and noticed that the purge valve was making a rapid “putting” sound and was sucking in air, like a vacuum if I put my finger over it it would attract my finger. So do I need this for my car to run properly? Is it gonna cause any problems if I leave it unlugged or capped/opened? If it is supposed to have a hose on it, where does it go?

Attachments

This post has been deleted