Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
05 Rsx-T, 07 TL-S, 07 R6
1,181 Posts
im having the same problem i deleted the whole canister, but i think the sensors on the canister are linked to the fuel pump harness so thats why it doesn't start, trying to find a way to bypass the sensors on the canister

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m still confused on what this is for, I see it’s part of the EVAP system, but do I need it? Is there supposed to be a plug or hose for it? If so where does the hose connect to? I opened my engine and noticed that the purge valve was making a rapid “putting” sound and was sucking in air, like a vacuum if I put my finger over it it would attract my finger. So do I need this for my car to run properly? Is it gonna cause any problems if I leave it unlugged or capped/opened? If it is supposed to have a hose on it, where does it go?

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
bringing this one back....

Do you need k-pro to run without the EVAP? i deleted this but do not have K-Pro and my car won't start. I did a lot more than just remove the EVAP but am trying to narrow down what could be going on and want to know if anyone had similar problems.
Did u ever find out what was the cause of your car not turning on ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's not the EVAP.... Car would start just fine with EVAP removed but it would throw a CEL.
So I’m about to install my rbc and a Ktuned 72mm tb without evap port and after I have to drive it to my tuner, you think the car would be fine for start it and drive it ?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts