Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take mine off and get the housings painted body color.

am I correct in that all I have to do is remove the 2 screws and then take the wiring harness off the lights?

I want to get it painted but don't want some body shop charging me extra $$$ on labor to remove and then re-install them

thanks for the help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Well i just installed my OEM fogs on last night, and it seems that u can just take off the two side screws. I believe u will have to take everything off the housing in order for the shop to paint. AND DIY save money, very simple.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tallhoebo said:
Well i just installed my OEM fogs on last night, and it seems that u can just take off the two side screws. I believe u will have to take everything off the housing in order for the shop to paint. AND DIY save money, very simple.
what would i need and how would I do it myself?? I've never painted any auto stuff before.

If anyones done it DIY let me know how it turned out and how I should go about doing it.


on a side note my car is PWP and i plan to get a CF hood. would it look better to leave the fogs black or paint them white like I've been planning?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
vandeetz said:
what would i need and how would I do it myself?? I've never painted any auto stuff before.

If anyones done it DIY let me know how it turned out and how I should go about doing it.


on a side note my car is PWP and i plan to get a CF hood. would it look better to leave the fogs black or paint them white like I've been planning?
You should get them painted, it will look a lot better. Mine are painted but I had a shop do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soulfly said:
You should get them painted, it will look a lot better. Mine are painted but I had a shop do it.
wow those look really good. how much did it set you back to get it done?

do you have any other angles of them? i'd like to see someting more sraight on and maybe one further away if you have any pics of that
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top