Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy of mine bought a used 06 RSX-S Black he bought almost a year ago. Not sure if the pinstripes were added when he bought the car or before then.

So longest estimate the pinstripes been there is roughly 2 or so years. What can I expect if we remove it? An outline of the pinstripes I wouldn't be surprise but would washing the car, wax, etc take care of it?

·
960 Posts
When i took mud flaps off my old car, from just a year mind you, there was really bad mis matching paint. I would assume because the sun/weather fades the other paint.
I would think that your best bet would be to strip all the old wax, clay bar, then polish, then wax like most details go and see how it looks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When you take them off you may need to run a little paint cleaner type wax over the area and it should look great. I do not believe you will see any lines or any indication they were there at all. Can you just peel them off or will you need a heat gun? If you are using a heat gun be careful.

·
Registered
283 Posts
When i took mud flaps off my old car, from just a year mind you, there was really bad mis matching paint. I would assume because the sun/weather fades the other paint.
I would think that your best bet would be to strip all the old wax, clay bar, then polish, then wax like most details go and see how it looks.

i believe your right. i removed my emblems and had the same problem. oem emblems been on for about 3 years.

·
Thumpin n' Bumpin
8 Posts
I used to detail for a used car dealership, so I've experienced this before. When you remove the stripe, just get under an edge, then slowly and steadily pull away from car. If stripe breaks into lots of little pieces, use a heat gun. Heat a small area (6-8") and then pull the heated area back. There shouldn't be much fading on only a two year old stripe, but if there is, do like the others have said and try a little rubbing compound. If the rubbing compound doesn't remove it, wet sand the area with 2000 grit (only a little, you're not looking to remove the clear, just level it) and then compound, polish and wax.

·
Got lights and siren?I DO
743 Posts
i just did it get a hair dryer and peel with one hand while your warming right in front i got them off with no prob. and my car has 50k on it, now as for the glue lol that is another story

·
ACC CREW MEMBER
627 Posts
my buddy and i took off my pinstripes off my 03 and this was last year after it sat in the texas sun for awhile and i can barely see it i mean unless its like filthy i can't see it but then again i haven't gotten a professional wax and wash

1 - 8 of 8 Posts