Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, two quick questions about exterior styling:

First, is there any recommended way to remove the factory pinstripes along with this rear "Tim Smith Acura" sticker that my dealership put in the car? The sticker looks like it peels off, but I don't know if they'll leave residue behind.

Also, the car came used with the gold Acura emblem package. Does anyone know a shop on the web that sells the standard OEM chrome "A" front and rear emblems, and the rear "RSX-S" and "ACURA" badges? I've found a few that sell the gold set, but I'm not into that.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
if you want emblems check out the sale forum, people sell those thing.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
u can take off the dealer stickers. if they leave a residue on the paint, use goo gone and it'll come right off..

·
On a mission from God
5,647 Posts
factory pinstripes? My RSX didn't have pinstripes...in fact i don't think any on the dealers lot did. Never seen a pinstriped RSX now that i think about it...

·
CRSX Father of Two
4,874 Posts
I've seen pinstripes. Not a fan of them. There was one cool thing though: there was an Acura logo incorporated in the pinstripe on the front fender

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Jericho73 said:
factory pinstripes? My RSX didn't have pinstripes...in fact i don't think any on the dealers lot did. Never seen a pinstriped RSX now that i think about it...
some dealerships do it

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Jericho73 said:
i guess it's a dealership thing, not a factory thing. regardless, i want them off...

Attachments

·
e90
115,535 Posts
het up the stripe and peel off, any glue, use varsol, paint thinner or goo gone to take it off. The emblems, I have chrome front rear and the chrome Acura

·
Registered
203 Posts
syle said:
Hey guys, two quick questions about exterior styling:

First, is there any recommended way to remove the factory pinstripes along with this rear "Tim Smith Acura" sticker that my dealership put in the car? The sticker looks like it peels off, but I don't know if they'll leave residue behind.

Also, the car came used with the gold Acura emblem package. Does anyone know a shop on the web that sells the standard OEM chrome "A" front and rear emblems, and the rear "RSX-S" and "ACURA" badges? I've found a few that sell the gold set, but I'm not into that.
I use to detail cars, just go ahead and peal the pinstripe off. then there will be a little glue still stuck to the car. Use wax to get that off. your not wanting to put it on thick rather just rub a little and it will come right off. along with a nice shine :)

·
HMMM Waffles..
343 Posts
When The guy that sold me my car was showing us the rsxs in the lot some of them had pinstripes and he just walked over to one of them and started peeling them off.. I dont think it left anything after wards.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Flip-Out said:
When The guy that sold me my car was showing us the rsxs in the lot some of them had pinstripes and he just walked over to one of them and started peeling them off.. I dont think it left anything after wards.
thats because it was just put on within the last week :)

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
I cant get my god damn pinstripes off. I havent used my sticker stuff yet, but peopel said they would just peel off. Im able to peel off like a few mms at a time, but now my car looks rediculous until I can get to my goo gone :(

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cant get my god damn pinstripes off. I havent used my sticker stuff yet, but peopel said they would just peel off. Im able to peel off like a few mms at a time, but now my car looks rediculous until I can get to my goo gone :(
someone recommended a hairdryer on hot before trying to scrape them. tried that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts