Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I got some pretty big scratches the other day. And I started to freak out, but then I used this Turtle Wax Color Care....it's the one that comes with a chipstick. It worked AWESOME. U can choose the color of the car polish to match the car and apply it to scratched areas. It removed some pretty hefty scratches on the car. I highly recommend it. :)

But I also have a few questions on these products though. I was wondering, If i use it once do i continually have to use it so that the scratches do not reappear? And since i used it do i still have to clearcoat the scratched area so that it doesn't rust.? Thanks for the help.

PEace!

·
Registered
87 Posts
i know the stuff you are taking about. it does not remove the scratch, it just fills it. you normaly have to reapplie every few weeks or so till it builds up in the scratch. i have a sctach that goes trough my part of my clear coat but not all the way to the surrface. click here to see the post

jt

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
yup - jt is correct.

that stuff is temporary at best.

if you multi layer it, then put on some clearcoat - it will help it last longer . . .

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think u guys are talking about the chipstick. Im talking about the polish that came with the chipstick. The liquid creamy stuff. It worked awesome. Not the chipstick, that sucks.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
nope - that coloured wax wont work long either -

it might make two washes . . . . but if it works for you - stick with it, cause its cheaper then a pro job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.