Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through some threads and some one mentioned on the rears that you need a piece that was taken off to put on the splash guard?

I couldn't quite get what they were saying. and it was never fully answered.

so is there something I need to buy to stick where the rear mudgaurd was??

thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes, there is a piece that goes there. Do a search. I think they were like $25, but I would put the mudguards back on if I were you .....

I took my Mudguards off last Sunday. I had small scratches on the front where they rubbed, and slightly larger scratches on the back.

I went to drive the twisties Saturday, and not 5 minutes into the fun I heard a rock hit the side of my car. I pulled over, and sure enough I had a new chip in my paint on the area between the indentation in the door and the side skirt. Not bad, but still. A chip a week would really piss me off, so I put my Mudguards back on yesterday ... I double waxed the area where they rub, and then left a layer of unbuffed wax under them, so hopefully they won't keep rubbing the shit out of my paint, but it's way better than getting rock chips on my friggin door.

-nurb2-

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
the problem w/ mudguards is that they create more chips than they stop by holding in dust, dirt and mud in the pockets they create....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts