Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to revisit this one but after searching the forum I don't see anyone talking about how you actually remove it. It is screwed in or is it double-side taped on?

If its screwed in how do you get to the screws?

· GS...yes plz
3,682 Posts
reeldc said:
Hate to revisit this one but after searching the forum I don't see anyone talking about how you actually remove it. It is screwed in or is it double-side taped on?

If its screwed in how do you get to the screws?
the (A) is attached with both double-sided tape & has 2 "posts" that slide into 2 holes in the rear trunk panel. after you remove the emblem there are 2 small rubber/plastic grommets that the emblem is pressed into. you can pull these out (carefully) with needlenose pliers. however, you'll be left with 2 holes in the back of your car...unless you want to fill them.

use dental floss/fishing line to remove the (A). quick tip - before using dental floss/fishing line, etc to remove the emblem(s) - put masking tape around the edges of each emblem. then when you are using the floss/fishing line you won't scuff the paint from pulling it back and forth to "cut" through the adhesive.

· GS...yes plz
3,682 Posts
c0mp|ex said:
jay i like what u did with the emblems. original
thanks! i wanted to clean up the rear of the car a bit..but didn't want to patch the holes. plus i like the symmetry of having the emblem in the middle.

i guess that's the graphic designer in me...
:D

· GS...yes plz
3,682 Posts
c0mp|ex said:
what have other ppl said about it? i think im ganna replace mine with red honda emblems
so far all that have seen it in person like it...one person on the boards here in another thread thought it looked horrible - but to each their own, right?

that last time i went to the dealership the guy walked to the back of the car toget my license plate # and he was like "hey, what kind of car is this?" - it threw him off - LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.