Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
..Crawling..
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Cwest full bumper bodykit from a friend of mine. I paid a very good price for it however there are some chips and small cracks in the front bumper. I am wondering what is used to fix the chips. Instead of bringing it to a body shop to do i think i can fix it myself. Does anyone have experience fixing body kits? btw its all fiberglass.. i was thinking of just using bondo on some spots where it needs to be filled in.. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this.. it would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
IM NOT SURE ABOUT FIBERGLASS. I THINK ITS REPAIRABLE LIKE CHIPS AND SMALL CRACKS, ASK A LOCAL BODYSHOP

G

·
i just used silicon filling on the inside portion of the kit, it didnt really help the apperance of it as the exterior still stayed the same but i guess it made the cracks a bit sturdier to ensure that they didnt spread any more then they already had...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
you can fix the cracks easily...just file away the crack so that nows its like a big gap missing. take a peice of tape, and tape the underside. and use those fiberglass repair kits....cut up the fiberglass sheeting into small specks and then fill the gap. after it dries, sand it down.

When you file away at the fiberglass and sand it down, make sure you're using gloves or you'll be in soo much pain. and wear a mask, fiberglass will rip your lungs into a million pieces. just rubbing your finger over the dusk will make your finger itch so hand, imagine it being in your lungs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts