Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Type-R Replica spoiler, and it has cracks on both sides near the top. They are just hairline cracks, but they run all the way down and are spreading. I'm not sure how deep the crack is because I haven't taken the paint off yet.

I was reading some how-to's that says you need to put fiberglass resin behind the crack, but the problem is... I can't get behind the crack since the spoiler is hollow inside. So how should I fix this? (without going to the shop because I am broke!)

I'll get pics up tomorrow of the crack if need

·
Registered
252 Posts
i got a crack in my rear type-r lip too..

where would i buy fiberglass resin?
and just put it where the crack is and just apply paint?
that simple?

·
( ‾ʖ̫‾)
34,537 Posts
usually some parts stores sell it or a paint place in your local area. it takes more than just apply and paint. you have to apply the fiberglass than let it dry. after it dries you have to use filler to smooth it out and fill in all the pits. then prime and sand some more. then paint. really need to know what you are doing.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
usually some parts stores sell it or a paint place in your local area. it takes more than just apply and paint. you have to apply the fiberglass than let it dry. after it dries you have to use filler to smooth it out and fill in all the pits. then prime and sand some more. then paint. really need to know what you are doing.
But don't you have to apply the fiberglass behind the crack? I can't get behind the crack unless i drill into it. I don't think you can apply it to the visible side right?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everywhere I've read said that if you use bondo on fiberglass cracks, it'll just end up cracking again. I guess I'm going to have to lay a fiberglass mat and put fiberglass resin over and try not to sand it all off :dontknow:

·
Registered
111 Posts
it wont crack ive fixed many cracks like that befor it takes 1 coat.make sure u use like a low grit paper to prep the surface for good adhetion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts