Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the club offer leather seat repair? My 03 Type S gray leather seat needs the bottom and rear left bolsters replaced. Or better to just find a local source? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
its really expensive to repair the seats, i looked into it myself im not in your area but can only assume its close id consider getting new seats

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You can go to your dealership and order the seat cover. It is already sewn and its the exact same material. Any upolstry shop can order it to but they also order from the dealership. Trust me, either way its worth the money to let them install it.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Totally understand, all dealers have a mechanics price to. Ask a local mechanic that your friends with to order it. Can be as much as half price

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy Cow!

That IS expensive! I would think that any good auto upholstery shop could replace the damaged sections only. I could take in the seat cover probably. Is it a beotch to get off?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bride Seats

Wouldn't want to give up the side air bags. The slick leather seats really aren't very good for driving fast. After I get the hole fixed, I will probably get a sheepskin custom cover for the driver's seat. They are about $300, but I have had them in other cars, and really is an improvement over slick leather. You really can't beat a cloth interior.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Try this page: theinteriorguyllc.com He is suposed to be great. His number is on the page and he will text or call you back. I think he is in your home state. He taught me how to repair my steering wheel over the phone. Worth a shot anyway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts