Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 Type-S was recovered last Friday after only being stolen the day before. Luckily, There's no engine/body damage, but the car's undrivable. The driver's side window's been smashed, and the steering column's been torn up. They also yanked the computer, presumably to override the immobilizer (?) Anyway, I talked to a tech at Acura service and he said all he thinks I need is a new ignition lock assembly with keys, and a window of course. He also said I might need a new immobilizer, but can't tell without looking at the car first. The door/trunk locks still work with my keyless entry pad, and I can even get the engine to crank if I use a screwdriver. I'm really new to new cars, and was wondering if there was anything else I need to know before I tackle this project myself. I know this is going to sound stupid, but I don't have theft/full insurance coverage; I wouldn't have been able to afford the car if I did. Can anyone give me any advice? Is there anything else I need to do, or does it sound like I just need to get a new ignition lock assembly? Thanks

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
why do u want to do this yourself and not have a certified shop do it? it's covered under insurance so yer not really going to pay much for it.

·
Com
2,120 Posts
You might be able to do somethings but i think the ignition require a special screwdriver to install it

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
ah n/m. stupid me for not reading all the way thru :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts