Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Reparing Leather Seat Loose Stitch

10K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  olympia_type_s 
#1 ·
there is a 6" long loose stitching on the bottom middle of my driver seat and I am wondering if & how can it be repaired.
the red circle shows the loose stitch spot on the seat...right now I can see abit of the yellow foam underneath the seat.

Normally I could just stitch it back, but the problem is the stitching is done on the underside of the seat.

Anyone has experience repairing this? Is this something you can do yourself or I will probably need to bring it out to some upholstery shop to fix it?
If so, how much should I be looking at to fix it?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
i had the same proble on my 05 type-s I went to a spot in Bell, Ca I believe it was called Garcia Upholtery
But the guy charged me $100 to repair the stitch and replace the side of the seat closest to the door which was already wrinkling bad. Great srvice and job nonetheless I would definately reccomend this spot to whoever has this issue but I think any upholstery shop would do the trick

#5 ·
#8 ·
to repair it without removing upholstery, you can also bend yourself a curved sewing needle and be really really careful...it will show on close inspection, but its better than yellow foam....

#9 ·
Mine already bust open o_O I dont see why you cant diy.. uh needle and some black leather thread?

#10 ·
precisely, my dear watson! It's not like its a ferrari, factory stitching should be pretty low on the priority list...say, right below that cool little coin holder for your dashboard they sell on pwjdm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.