Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
NIKON Crew Rep
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had the same Injen CAI for the past 3 years. i just took out my cone filter yesterday and saw that it was beyond dirty. i mean caked on dirt and everyting. i was planning to clean it but now im thinking i should jsut replace it all together. I temporarily put on a old (but cleaner) cone filter lying in a friends garage.

Q: For those of you with CAI, do you usually clean it out or replace the cone filter?

·
NIKON Crew Rep
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also, if i clean it does it need to be re oiled?

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
hell no thats not excessive, especially on a CAI where it picks up SHIT from the ground like a magnet. couple that with an oily filter and id say 6 months is pushing it but since the filter is hard to get at its enough.

I put 2 stockings over my filter last time i cleaned it to act as a prefilter and a few months later i ripped them off through the fog light hole to reveal a cleaner (still not clean) filter. that was ghetto but i bought a K&N precharger now.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,088 Posts
Check the filter every 6 months. I also have the hydroshield and recommend that every CAI owner gets one. It's cheap and worth the extra filtration.

·
NIKON Crew Rep
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check the filter every 6 months. I also have the hydroshield and recommend that every CAI owner gets one. It's cheap and worth the extra filtration.
i was thinking about getting one. it doesn't reduce airflow significantly does it?

·
sigh
12,696 Posts
Get the recharging kit. Most auto stores will carry it. I clean my filter about every 20k miles. Should probably do it every other oil change.

It doesn't matter how caked on that dirt is, the recharge kit will get it all out as long as you follow the directions.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I actually just cleaned my Injen CAI after nearly a year of installation. I used a K&N filter cleaner kit.

Honestly the intake was still pretty clean. Actually the only thing I remember even seeing was just a little bit of dust.

Really depends on how and where you drive

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
If its the only filter you have I'd buy another one anyway, put the new one on and then clean your old one. That way you can just swap filters and take your time cleaning the dirty one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts