Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just installed a stage2 CC into my 06 type s, and when i turn it on it seems like the clutch is not grabbing? it's on jack stands now and when i turn it on it i can shift into any gear, but when i give it some gas the rpms go up but the speed barely moves. i tried adjusting my pedal, and it was still the same. i'm sure i installed everything correctly. i cannot figure out what is going on here. i tried searching and i havent found anything similar to this. any help would be greatly appreciated.

some more info,
clutch pedal feels good, theres pressure.
car shifts into any gear when in neutral and when its on.
when i give it gas while its in gear, the spedometer barely rises, only about 5-10 mph while the rpm climbs a lot faster.
i havent bled the clutch as i see no need to since i did not replace the slave or the master.
there are no strange sounds that i can hear.
the car also stalls if i am in gear and i hit the brakes.

·
10 Wheels > 4 Wheels
487 Posts
If you are able to engage into gear without any issue and the tires are spinning while you are in gear, it sounds like the clutch is engaging properly. If the speedo is not moving, you may have overlooked a connector that did not get snapped in completely, causing the wheel speed sensors information to not reach your instrument panel. I would go through and check all your connections.

While you didn't bleed the clutch, it might not be neccessary, but it will work to your advantage as a preventative measure. if you're going to do the job, its best to take all the proper steps. However, this is unrelevant to your main issue.

Also, if you are trying to stop the wheels completely while your car is in gear, it is always going to stall, just as if you stop your car on the road in gear without engaging the clutch. That will not change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are able to engage into gear without any issue and the tires are spinning while you are in gear, it sounds like the clutch is engaging properly. If the speedo is not moving, you may have overlooked a connector that did not get snapped in completely, causing the wheel speed sensors information to not reach your instrument panel. I would go through and check all your connections.

While you didn't bleed the clutch, it might not be neccessary, but it will work to your advantage as a preventative measure. if you're going to do the job, its best to take all the proper steps. However, this is unrelevant to your main issue.

Also, if you are trying to stop the wheels completely while your car is in gear, it is always going to stall, just as if you stop your car on the road in gear without engaging the clutch. That will not change.
I will have to double check my connections then, I'm hoping thats the issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles on the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder?
There's roughly 100k on them right now, i know theyre due to be teplaced soon, but id rather not tamper with them as they all seem to be functional. I don't want to try and fix something that's not broken only to mess something else up.

·
0 Posts
The Vehicle Speed Sensor has nothing to do with this. A loose or missing electrical connector will not cause or fix this issue. It's either an issue with the clutch hydraulic system or with pressure plate.

·
0 Posts
There's roughly 100k on them right now, i know theyre due to be teplaced soon, but id rather not tamper with them as they all seem to be functional. I don't want to try and fix something that's not broken only to mess something else up.
I would replace both. It's time. That CC pressure plate requires almost double the pedal pressure of the stock Exedy pressure plate. It is entirely possible that your hydraulic system is so old and tired that it simply cannot disengage the pressure plate. I have personally installed about a dozen CC clutches and the only people who ever had problems where those who did not replace their existing master and slave. Always start with the clutch hydraulic system, first. It is the easiest and cheapest thing to replace when it comes to clutch components.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would replace both. It's time. That CC pressure plate requires almost double the pedal pressure of the stock Exedy pressure plate. It is entirely possible that your hydraulic system is so old and tired that it simply cannot disengage the pressure plate. I have personally installed about a dozen CC clutches and the only people who ever had problems where those who did not replace their existing master and slave. Always start with the clutch hydraulic system, first. It is the easiest and cheapest thing to replace when it comes to clutch components.
I'll double check everything again and order a new slave and master. If it is not disengaging completely would I still be able to select gears freely while it is on? If anything it sounds like it it's not engaging all the way? I really don't want to drop the trans again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you turn the flywheel? You meant that its slipping right? Not that it wont release.
Yeah, I had my oem flywheel resurfaced. Yeah, from what I can tell it seems like it's slipping, unless it's just the speedometer acting up.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Which way were the springs on the clutch disc facing? Toward the flywheel or toward the pressure plate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts