Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the worn sway bar bushings for some fresh energy suspension ones, but now my car pulls to the right.
Before the car was fine, I checked under the car but everything seems ok.
I'm replacing the clutch in a couple of weeks, so I'm getting an alignment after that. I want to make sure that an alignment will take care of it( car pulling ), I mean replacing sway bar bushings shouldn't mess with the alignment, maybe I messed up when I loaded the vehicle's weight on the suspension?

This is what I did

1. Jacked vehicle,used jack stands in the front.
2. Replaced the bushings
3. Finger tightened
4. Loaded the vehicle's weight on the suspension by putting 2 wood pieces of 2x8 under the tires and lowered the jack. <------maybe here is were I messed up?

After I notice the car was pulling to the side, I went back and loosened the bolts from the sway bar bushing braces, re-torque them to specs. This time I didn't jack the car I just did it laying on the floor ( I'm skinny ).

The problem is still there... any suggestions?? Will a simple alignment take care of this issue??

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Doubtful you messed anything up. Seems strange, and maybe now you payed attention and noticed? How do the tires feel, as you move your hand across both ways, does one way catch your hand more? This feathering can indicate toe in or out. How do your tie rods feel? Oh and make sure you check your tire pressure first. I just put on the summer tires on my daughters S and she calls that the car is now pulling to the side. I thought she checked the air and didn't. Told her to, and fixed the pull.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well the tie rods were replaced 14 months ago, they are beefier type s ones ( I have A-spec), I only drive 80 miles each month, so they are practically new... .The tires are in ok shape or so they seem.The thing is before the car was handling fine, but right after the bushings replacement the issue started. I'm going to check the tire pressure again, I had checked a week before the sway bar bushings install. Hopefully is just that, a difference in tire pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts