Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered replacement lenses for their fog lights from [email protected] ? I got my car in September and through daily driving on the highway, both of my lenses are broken (holes and cracks). Having them replaced through the dealership is useless because they will only get broken again due to the thinness of the lense.

One more thing...will he ship to Canada?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Danni :)

·
MO bounce per ounce!
54 Posts
Hey Danni. Was wondering if you ever tried that guy? I wrote him, but no reply. Jes wondering?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mokeboi, no I didn't. The dealership replaced the foglights under warranty because, according to them, the lenses were faulty and cracked due to excessive heat from the bulbs. They said that Acura Canada would not have replaced them if there were only holes caused from stones but because there were cracks that went from one side of the lense to the other, it had to be caused from the heat. I was pretty surprised that they had gone ahead and contacted Acura Canada over it but apparently they took pictures during my first oil change and sent them on.

I did ask what would happen if the lenses crack again, and they said they would have to see at that time. They said they really hadn't had any isses with these lenses being faulty but if there was an issue, Acura would issue a recall. I nodded wisely and pretended that I didn't know that this was a widespread issue. I am just happy that they replaced them and it didn't cost me a dime.

Now the issue is how to stop them from cracking again. I am hesitant to turn the darn things on if it is going to weaken the lense and cause it to chip and crack easily. I have read everything on these forums about this and putting stoneguard or other plastic covering on the lense doesn't seem to solve the issue as it turns brown after a while. If you have any suggestions, I would be most happy to hear of them.

Danni

·
MO bounce per ounce!
54 Posts
Thanks for getting back so soon! Glad to hear that yours are covered. As for protecting them, I've no idea. Just don't drive. Nah. Mine are frome e-bay. They are good quality and the lense looks durable. Mine broke when a board hit it while going 60 on the freeway! I'm getting tired of the tape I got on it, so I was gonna try the diy by getting some glass and cutting to shape. I guess its somethin just meant to break :blah: . Lemmi know if you find out any other ways. Latahs!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts