Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05' RSX Type S
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shocks on my 05' RSX type S are shot and I need to replacement. I've only got about $500 to spend on them and im trying to figure out the best path to replace them at that price point. Im open to coilovers or anything like that but I dont want to lower my ride. Alot of aftermarket parts seem to be sketchy in quality and id like parts that will last. any advice is highly appriciated.

·
WILDCARD!
1,171 Posts
If you don't want to lower, then just buy factory spec replacements...KYB, Monroe, etc. Whatever your local shops have or buy them online.

There's no point in buying coilovers, IMO.

·
Registered
05' RSX Type S
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't want to lower, then just buy factory spec replacements...KYB, Monroe, etc. Whatever your local shops have or buy them online.

There's no point in buying coilovers, IMO.
Thanks for the reply, I'd like to go with KYB but according to their site, they only show options for the 2002-2004 models. Am I correct in assuming these would not be compatible with a 2005 model? The Monroe site also shows no actual strut options for the 2005 model. I did find a set from a brand called Oredy, are these of similar quality?

·
WILDCARD!
1,171 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I'd like to go with KYB but according to their site, they only show options for the 2002-2004 models. Am I correct in assuming these would not be compatible with a 2005 model? The Monroe site also shows no actual strut options for the 2005 model. I did find a set from a brand called Oredy, are these of similar quality?
I have no experience with Oredy, so I can't comment on that. Gabriel makes replacement shocks for the 05-06. They have it to where you can buy just the shocks or a pre-assembled strut unit that includes a spring and the mounts also.

You can get those at AutoZone and other retailers or order them on Amazon.

EDIT: Seems you can get them on Amazon pretty easily: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gabriel+shocks+rsx&ref=nb_sb_noss

·
Registered
199 Posts
Im surprised KYB doesn't offer them for 05-06? I don't think there is a suspension difference there? I have 03 S) I had KYB on my Integra, they were great! Try to cross-reference some cheap shit at the part store and see if the #'s match.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Acura you pay a expensive tax I was quoted one k in labor for installation any e bay is best source and price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts