Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have side skirts and fit them themselves? Im doin it my self and its a pain and i do not want to take it to a body shop...

I have Mugen replica side skirts and i can't fit the middle part to stay horizontal right near the rsx door sills. They sort of bend down a little bit, i do not know how to fix them....?

Reactions: Seth1784

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
you will have to go to a body shop man... they will most likely have to try like hell to stretch them or something to take out a bend. they dont fit right because they are a replica... they have a mold, shoot fiberglass in them let them harden with the resin and ship em out pretty much. they dont really worry about quality control and crap. id just hope the shop can fix em... good luck.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
anyone have side skirts and fit them themselves? Im doin it my self and its a pain and i do not want to take it to a body shop...

I have Mugen replica side skirts and i can't fit the middle part to stay horizontal right near the rsx door sills. They sort of bend down a little bit, i do not know how to fix them....?
Yes, you need to go to a body shop. They sag in the middle because they're replicas. You've just learned lesson #1. You get the quality that you pay for. There's a reason the real Mugens cost so much. They fit perfectly.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
to add on what advan said about the costs of authentic equipment... its usually hand layed fiberglass instead of sprayed, along with if its a urithane/fiberglass mix of some kind or just straight urithane.

·
Banned
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well guys, back to reply, fitment was perfect on one end, needs small addition of fiberglass on the other :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts